April 27, 2024, 12:37:54 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Bonding nitrogen to water  (Read 4756 times)

Offline MeWilson2

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Bonding nitrogen to water
« on: March 31, 2008, 09:44:55 PM »
Hi,

1. I was wondering if there is a way to bond nitrogen from the air with water using electrostatic condensation or a plasma reformer.

2. I was also wondering if there is a way to bond another hydrogen atom to water with a similar process.

Basically what I am trying to do is replicate what some people call charged water that can be used to run an engine when it is detonated with a plasma.

Koodos on this web site too. Love everything from the colors to the type to the forum script.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Bonding nitrogen to water
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 09:50:46 PM »
Hi,

1. I was wondering if there is a way to bond nitrogen from the air with water using electrostatic condensation or a plasma reformer.

OK, I'll bite.  Can you define those procedures/instruments, or perhaps provide diagrams.

2. I was also wondering if there is a way to bond another hydrogen atom to water with a similar process.

Sorry, as I understand atomic chemistry, that cart is already full, as it were.

Basically what I am trying to do is replicate what some people call charged water that can be used to run an engine when it is detonated with a plasma.

Citation, please

Koodos on this web site too. Love everything from the colors to the type to the forum script.

Ah, something we can agree on.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline MeWilson2

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 12:04:14 AM »
Hi,

OK, I'll bite.  Can you define those procedures/instruments, or perhaps provide diagrams.

Sorry, as I understand atomic chemistry, that cart is already full, as it were.

Citation, please

Ah, something we can agree on.

Thanks for th bite but please don't bite me. I have an unreasonable fear of being eaten alive.

"OK, I'll bite.  Can you define those procedures/instruments, or perhaps provide diagrams."

Tesla wrote a paper titled "How to increase human mass" in which he used electrostatic condensation to obtain nitrogen from the air.

Here is a method to make gas from water and natural gas through an electrostatic condenser: http://www.rexresearch.com/cherry/cherry.htm

Dr. Ron Stiffler stifflerscientific.com had a electrostatic condenser however would not disclose details "due to national security economic reasons" an has recently even taken that from his site.

Here is a guy on youtube starting an engine on modified water:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LpOpOw1Shs

They claim to change the molecular structure of the water through a charging process. Stan Meyer was probably the most well known and he claimed natural water is 17% nitrogen.

Mostly what I want to figure out is:

Is natural water 17% nitrogen as Meyer claimed?

If not, what electrolysis or plasma reforming process could be used to bond something to water to make it a fuel once it has been condensed?

I know that using a carbon electrode arc underwater will create H2C0 (I think...)
jlnlabs calls it "Bingo fuel."

Any help or a point in the right direction in this area would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 03:53:09 AM »
You may try to run your engine on snake oil as well.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Rabn

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +28/-13
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 04:33:05 AM »
funny how there are  many combustible liquids that look just like water.  I haven't watched the video, and I won't.  Unless I actually get to stand there and take a sample of the "water" while the guy is running his engine I won't believe it. Henry's law will allow you figure out if water is 17% nitrogen....but I wonder why it wasn't specified if it is a percent weight, mole fraction etc...If you want to add hydrogen to water just add a strong acid. Bonding nitrogen to water makes nitric acid. Not too special. Placing "Charged water" in a plasma might release Hydrogen gas.  If you use a strong acid to produce a lot of hydronium ions then somehow get the conjugate base of the acid to precipitate out so the solution is just water and hydronium ions, then gassify it and put that gas into a plasma, you will produce some hydrogen gas, peroxide and water.  You will be able to run your engine but in the process of all of this your energy cost will be really high.  There is a reason that "water engines" don't exist outside of mills along a river.  It isn't because the petroleum industry has some magical grip on energy production.  It's because it isn't nearly efficient enough to justify its production.

Sponsored Links