March 28, 2024, 12:08:12 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Assessment of biogas capacity from anaerobic digesters  (Read 53291 times)

Offline Gerard

• Mole Snacks: +13/-13
  • "pressure makes diamond"
Re: Assessment of biogas capacity from anaerobic digesters
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 10:27:39 AM »
good day,
thanks for the guidance,i have read that methanogens are quite difficult to culture so i guess this will be a tough job,ill be doing a one man platoon..
thanks for the guidance it really shed light to my inquiries especially the sludge age part...
i am now training on how to use the khjeldahl apparatus to take the TKN..
thanks prof!
-artificial student
"Charles! Charles! That's it Mr. Charles Darwin get out of this room, I told you once and I told you twice not to tease your fellow Mr. Arrhenius!"

Offline smrsaexdir

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 02:05:22 PM »
I happened to stumble along youre dialouge here while searching out industiral gas production rates as a fubnction of volatile solids destruction.

After reading your post's it seems to me that you need to broaden your scope in terms of obtaining a comprehensive understanding of Anaerobic digestion.

I currently operate two such bio-reactors in New Jersey and have operate dozens of others over the last thirty or so years.
I would suggest that you spend some time researching at the water Environment Fedration website and on their chat logs. http://www.wef.org/Home

By the way no reactor symply "dies" unless it has undergone some form of toxic shock most reactors will have tell-tale signs of loss of efficiency such as large swings in VA/ALK ratios or increased Co2 - Ch 4 ratios.

I fyoud like to talk about his further please email me at EXDIR@SMRSA.org and I will gladly arrange a telphone interview to get you started on the right foot.
I also have a ton of realtime data thatg may be of interest to you 

Offline Gerard

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 12:49:31 PM »
alli can say is "WOW!"
thanks for the help can we limit to email correspondence instead?uhm i really dont want to call you especially during unholy hours where you are quite busy with your works...e-mail correspondence is quite better in a manner that you can reply to me at your most convenient time...i also  check the internet site and veiwed it and "WOW!" its really informative!
thank you for your help...i can place you and sir euegene in my acknowledge correspondence...
"Charles! Charles! That's it Mr. Charles Darwin get out of this room, I told you once and I told you twice not to tease your fellow Mr. Arrhenius!"

Offline Gerard

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 01:33:42 PM »
Sirs,
i have finished a draft of my crtical review regarding the microbiology of anaerobic digesters..i wouldlike you to critique it for me if there is anything lacking...uhm its still a draft so anything can happen

Offline Gerard

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 09:38:34 AM »
i have finished my first critical review...uhm....eugene you are invited to critique my paper

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 10:35:08 PM »
Hello artificial student,

Yes, I would like to read your paper.

Feel free to send it to my e-mail address :)

Sincerely,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Offline Gerard

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 11:00:04 AM »
thanks eugene for the help but im unluckily i have some hindrance,this politician in my place is trying to "read" my review of related literature, i dond like politician they think they know everything,everything is very tehcnical in my papers but i dont think he well understand it he just nod whenever he encounters a very engineering term..how hippocritical can they get!..
i will send it to you soon after this so called biofuel "expert" will finish his scan on my papers...
thanks again
-artifical student

Offline Gerard

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 10:04:18 AM »
im back with a new sets of problem i encountered with my research...
i have a problem with how to take samples of biogas....
my adviser suggests that we buy the biogas bag which cost dollars..
my partner suggest we put it in a plastic bag smilar to that of the one where dextrose are filled and used in hospitals
and i suggest that we use car rubber interiors but the problem is will this affect the biogas characteristics?

next we dont know the standards of the biogas component to compare our results with..

Offline eugenedakin

• Retired Staff
    • Personal Website
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 11:16:07 PM »
Hi artificial student,

Yes, you could purchase a biogas bag, or you could just purchase a large disposible plastic syringe. Once you put the cap on the end, you limit cross contamination.

Just a thought...  ;)

Sincerely,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Offline Gerard

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 12:55:40 PM »
good day eugene,

will the methane diffuse if we use plastic syringe or anything plastic?ive seen syringe made up of glass and metals but they are very costly all i am planning is to use a cheaper alternative any suggestions?im eying on rubber will it be okay?

Offline eugenedakin

• Retired Staff
    • Personal Website
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 07:13:34 PM »
Hi Artificial Student,

Yes, there is a possibility that a small amount of the methane will diffuse throught the plastic syringe. Usually this takes a great deal of time when the syringe is not pressurized. If you pressurize the syringe, my guess is that much of the sample will eventually pass around the syringe.

Sincerely,

Eugene

Offline Gerard

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 02:27:01 PM »
im sooo tired!!!!!!

Offline Polleke

• Mole Snacks: +10/-12
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 05:49:53 AM »
im sooo tired!!!!!!

do you still need researchpapers on the matter?

I think I have some stuff that might help, just let me know if you are still interested.

Offline Gerard

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2008, 01:16:16 AM »
im sooo tired!!!!!!

do you still need researchpapers on the matter?

I think I have some stuff that might help, just let me know if you are still interested.

i dont only need research papers i need a contact person who can guide me all through out my research...
please do,i gravelly need a surmountable amount of research papers although i have started my research my proposal is still open to crticism thank you polleke...just send them to my email add thank you so much for the help
by the way eugene can i e-mail you my finish proposal tell me where it is open to criticism,thank you euqgen for the help....

Offline eugenedakin

• Retired Staff
    • Personal Website
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 11:16:31 PM »
Hello Polleke,

Yes, feel free to send a final copy to me and I will proofread it, along with providing helpful suggestions.  Usually, the more people that you can get to look at it, the stronger your paper becomes.

Good luck! ;)

Sincerely,

Eugene

Sponsored Links