March 28, 2024, 03:59:27 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Assessment of biogas capacity from anaerobic digesters  (Read 53296 times)

Offline Polleke

• Mole Snacks: +10/-12
Re: Assessment of biogas capacity from anaerobic digesters
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2008, 07:45:32 AM »
im sooo tired!!!!!!

do you still need researchpapers on the matter?

I think I have some stuff that might help, just let me know if you are still interested.

i dont only need research papers i need a contact person who can guide me all through out my research...
please do,i gravelly need a surmountable amount of research papers although i have started my research my proposal is still open to crticism thank you polleke...just send them to my email add thank you so much for the help
by the way eugene can i e-mail you my finish proposal tell me where it is open to criticism,thank you euqgen for the help....

Allright, I'll try and send it.
But be warned : I have a lot of articles and I do not know wich ones are intersting for you. So you will need to dig them out yourself.
I'll try to send them today.

Offline Gerard

• Mole Snacks: +13/-13
  • "pressure makes diamond"
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2008, 10:11:58 AM »
im sooo tired!!!!!!

do you still need researchpapers on the matter?

I think I have some stuff that might help, just let me know if you are still interested.

i dont only need research papers i need a contact person who can guide me all through out my research...
please do,i gravelly need a surmountable amount of research papers although i have started my research my proposal is still open to crticism thank you polleke...just send them to my email add thank you so much for the help
by the way eugene can i e-mail you my finish proposal tell me where it is open to criticism,thank you euqgen for the help....

Allright, I'll try and send it.
But be warned : I have a lot of articles and I do not know wich ones are intersting for you. So you will need to dig them out yourself.
I'll try to send them today.
thank you so much for the help, you didnt help just me but many more, i am letting the other students read the file they are also working wiht anaerobic digesters with different search topics...this is for our sustainable energy alternatives studies
thank you....so much....
"Charles! Charles! That's it Mr. Charles Darwin get out of this room, I told you once and I told you twice not to tease your fellow Mr. Arrhenius!"

Offline Polleke

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2008, 11:01:48 AM »
Well good luck with it.
I hope you received everything? I do not know how much mb you can store or receive with yahoo?

Anyway, if you need other articles you can always ask, if you search something in particular I might be able to help.

I can get many more articles , but its pointless to get them all and send them all while you might only be able to use 1 out of 100 lol.

anyway, good luck with the ones you allready have.

And I hope that the general book on biochemistry and physiology of anaerobic bacteria helps.

Offline Gerard

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2008, 09:48:35 PM »
Well good luck with it.
I hope you received everything? I do not know how much mb you can store or receive with yahoo?

Anyway, if you need other articles you can always ask, if you search something in particular I might be able to help.

I can get many more articles , but its pointless to get them all and send them all while you might only be able to use 1 out of 100 lol.

anyway, good luck with the ones you allready have.

And I hope that the general book on biochemistry and physiology of anaerobic bacteria helps.

do you have any reference there regarding the constructionand operation of anaerobic digesters?i kinda aalso needs to sacn on them its not only the bacteria and methane production that i eed to consider uhm i also have to take considerations the manner that it is operated and constructed . :)
"Charles! Charles! That's it Mr. Charles Darwin get out of this room, I told you once and I told you twice not to tease your fellow Mr. Arrhenius!"

Offline Polleke

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2008, 06:09:55 AM »
You need some information on the construction and operation of anaerobic digesters?

and:

kinda aalso needs to sacn on them its not only the bacteria and methane production that i eed to consider ==> I do not understand what you mean?

Offline Gerard

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2008, 07:41:55 AM »
sorry for the misunderstanding:i also need the information on the construction and operation of anaerobic digesters....
becuase we will be assessing the follwing:
1.sludge
2.methane production
3.construction of the digester
4.the manner itis operated and maintained....

Offline Gerard

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 07:51:31 AM »
 my first draft of the proposal was a reject!!!
the panelists comments was :"what is happening to you!?"
it was a slap on my face  :-[

Offline Polleke

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 09:16:25 AM »
my first draft of the proposal was a reject!!!
the panelists comments was :"what is happening to you!?"
it was a slap on my face  :-[

uh?

I do not get it?

The only comment you got was "what is happening to you?"
No other feedback?

and what are you doing exactly because I do not understand it.
You are working on a thesis? (graduation work ?) Or ?

Offline Gerard

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2008, 12:07:23 PM »
im so sorry i was so shocked by the panelist's comment uhm my other request would be:
do you have any reference on how to construct and operate an anaerobic digester, references that asnwers questions like these:
1.how should a anaeroboc digester be constructed
2.where should it be constructed
3.how should it be operated
4.what physical parameters greatly influence methane production
5.what operational practices should be done to keep the anaerobic digester in good conditions for years
6.what operational practices to avoid

Offline Polleke

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2008, 01:46:12 PM »
im so sorry i was so shocked by the panelist's comment uhm my other request would be:
do you have any reference on how to construct and operate an anaerobic digester, references that asnwers questions like these:
1.how should a anaeroboc digester be constructed
2.where should it be constructed
3.how should it be operated
4.what physical parameters greatly influence methane production
5.what operational practices should be done to keep the anaerobic digester in good conditions for years
6.what operational practices to avoid

those questions should not be any problem at all ;D

Just check the links and emails I gave you and maybe one of them will be able to help you.

I'll search around a bit myself and maybe I can get some info too.
Too bad that you are looking for the info at this moment: a lot of people are taking their holiday now.

But do not worry, there is no problem in getting that info.

PS. How long do you have before you need to finish your program?

Offline Gerard

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 10:00:23 AM »
we  have 10 months to finish this research but all of us are panicking with a panel composed of demanding Ph.D's what can we do but follow thier commands after all they are the experts.. :-\

were all are disoriented right now and we cant focus (even me) because we keep on thinking about three things
1st our research in environmental biotechnology (my anaerobic digester stuff)
2nd my packed bed bioethanol fermenter (my equipment design research)
3rd an upcoming research for the plan process design..(means another 4 ours deduction of sleep)
i have to be honest,i am not good at environmental biotechnology....
id rather be in stem cell biology than this....but i have no choice...

Offline Polleke

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2008, 11:02:10 AM »
Oh well, thats all part of it.

Do not panic, it wont do any good.

Did you get my latest private message here and my latest emails?
Do not forget to email those companies and persons, they might be able to give you a lot of details about how those installations are build.

I'll see if I can dig up some manuals about the construct and maintenace of anaerobic digesters. I am however not sure if I still have them (I do have them, but the question is where ;D)

But to be honest I do not completely understand it all.
The panel you are talking about they are just there to give grades? They do not asist?
And dont you have some supervisor that might help you?
And what excalty are you doing? A sort of thesis to graduate or ?

Offline Gerard

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2008, 01:44:56 PM »
Oh well, thats all part of it.

Do not panic, it wont do any good.

Did you get my latest private message here and my latest emails?
Do not forget to email those companies and persons, they might be able to give you a lot of details about how those installations are build.

I'll see if I can dig up some manuals about the construct and maintenace of anaerobic digesters. I am however not sure if I still have them (I do have them, but the question is where ;D)

But to be honest I do not completely understand it all.
The panel you are talking about they are just there to give grades? They do not asist?
And dont you have some supervisor that might help you?
And what excalty are you doing? A sort of thesis to graduate or ?

a thesis for graduation,and uhm about the panel?
they give advises but it seems to contradict the advice of the other ppanelist...for exam this panelists wants us to do COD the other one doesnt want us to do COD..
another wants TOC and the other doesnt want TOC...
its a mess if you have a paleist who are such a perfectionist...

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 02:59:23 PM »
Hello artificial student,

I am sorry to hear about the confusion that you are going through. The good news is ... it only gets more confusing from you graduation on... Some countries require BoD tests, while others do not. Part of the reasoning is it actually depends on the local flora and fauna.

I wish you well, and be patient. It will all work out in the end.

Best wishes,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Offline Gerard

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2008, 09:58:46 AM »
it would be okay after i graduate cause i will be doing the research design my own way,,,but this thesis work...i am under control of some panelists...i told them that of they woul let me decide what to do ill just do a monitoring of the pH,Temp,alkalinity,TS,VS and COD thats all...
weeeewww tak about my faculty i cant understand them

Sponsored Links