April 30, 2024, 01:58:01 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Canadian Chemical suppliers  (Read 17021 times)

Mr. Pink

Canadian Chemical suppliers
« on: March 31, 2005, 12:14:25 AM »
does anyone know of any general chemical suppliers in canada? here is my criteria:

• Must be able to ship to an idependant person, not just schools and labs
  • Must have a broad range of general and simple chemicals (not just biotech chemicals, industrial chemicals, etc. etc.) nothing specialized
  • Must be an easy to use site and such.

like this site http://www.sciencelab.com/page/S/CTGY/10403 but for the great white north.

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
Re:Canadian Chemical suppliers
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 03:26:11 PM »
There's no problem with the post.  It was just moved to the advertisements forum since that is where posts describing new sites and whatnot belong.  Don't worry, it hasn't been deleted.  We're just trying to keep the place organized.
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Georgieboy

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 01:38:07 PM »
I am a currently a person who has egg on his face :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 01:38:35 PM by Georgieboy »

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 02:51:24 PM »
 ;D
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Georgieboy

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 06:24:31 PM »
Well, Mr. Pink, it's quite clear to me there isn't a reliable source for chemicals for 'Citizen Chemists' in Canada. However, I have done some work in this area. Depending on the size of your community you live in, there is usually an older drug store that is now considered a 'formulating pharmacy'. They usually can order certain chemicals for you, if you come across as a sincere individual. Another unlikely source  for chemicals is a company that supplies chemicals to potters. Last time I looked, there was such a company based in Ontario that was selling a variety of chemicals for 'pottery' uses. Chemicals like granulated chlorine can be found in pool supplies companies or other big box hardware stores. I found a pet store in my local area that carried powdered carbon for fish tank filters. Don't bother with companies like www.boreal.com, they don't sell to individuals and therefore suck. You might be interested in buying glassware, however I think that everything they sell is "Restricted" meaning they won't sell to you unless you are a school. The forum moderators decided to delete my post of the ONLY CHEMICAL SUPPLIER I COULD FIND IN CANADA that was willing to sell stuff. Correction, I did find one, called Ferris chemicals, he might be willing to sell you some chemicals, but in my experience you have to really sweet talk him, and he may not be willing to sell you anything depending on how he feels today. Canda is stuck back in the 11th century compared to the situation in the USA for 'citizen chemists.'

Mr. Pink

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 07:56:21 PM »
Canda is stuck back in the 11th century compared to the situation in the USA for 'citizen chemists.'

Well, i just hope they dont come to my house with torches, claiming that i'm a witch.

but in my experience you have to really sweet talk him, and he may not be willing to sell you anything depending on how he feels today.

im 13, ill REALLY have to do some serious convincing, ill get my goons over to his plance and work him over with a wiffle bat

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 09:44:43 PM »
Georgieboy, we had to remove the link because the 'dealer' is nothing more than a thinly vailed drug dealer.  The company's main purpose is to supply chemicals to people making illegal drugs.  With the litigation happy United States being the basis of this forum, if someone were to come here looking for drug information and then went through your link to pick up the chemicals they needed, if they get caught we could be held liable.  Yes that's pretty f---ed up, but that's reality.  It's the same reason why we don't allow discussions on explosive compound synthesis or illegal drug synthesis.

Georgieboy

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 08:26:51 PM »
I'm not interested in damn drugs or dangerous processes like nitration. So what. every chemical supplier you can name 'sells chemicals that can be used to manufacture illicit substances.' I don't understand the need to be a prohibitionist booster. I understand your need to severly censor posts as you don't want to be sued or shut down, though.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 08:28:52 PM by Georgieboy »

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 08:42:38 PM »
We're not "prohibitionist booster".   ::)
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline hmx9123

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +59/-18
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 05:08:13 AM »
I agree.  I wish we could be more open about things.  Unfortunately, not getting shut down is a priority.

As for prohibition boosting, the sad thing is that the link that you posted earlier that we had to take off was a guy who ONLY sold materials related to drug synthesis.  While you can go to the hardware store and get chemicals for drug synthesis, this guy was selling things that get you on the DEA watchlist here in the US.  There wasn't a single chemical he sold that wasn't on the watch list.

Canada would be a really cool place to live if it changed two laws:
1. Fireworks/Chemical laws
2. Firearms regulations

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 01:25:02 PM »
I could not have said it better myself hmx.  Georgieboy, we are not accusing you of being a 'drug maker' or an 'explosives maker'.  In fact, based upon the nature of your posts that would be the last thing I would think of you as.  It's just that the site which you gave the link for was clearly a site designed to sell goods to people who make drugs and/or bombs.  It's also the fact that he/she didn't sell anything else BUT the stuff that is used for illegal drug synthesis.  If our site became known as the place to go to find materials and instructions for how to make bombs and drugs, we'd attract a lot of bad attention and bad people here.  A good analogy to that site would be if you had a neighbor down the street who never went to work but had plenty of money lying around.  He constantly had people over his house at strange hours acting real shady.  On occasion, you'd see him outside with bloodshot eyes and a 'plant-like odor' coming off of him.  Whenever a cop would go by, he'd act a little nervous.  While it may be true that he is not a drug dealer, too many signs say otherwise.  As a result, it'd be better if you were not associated with him for numerous reasons.  It's actually pretty sad that a few bad apples can spoil the fun for everyone, but that's the way society is today.    :'(

Georgieboy

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 07:45:41 AM »
Well, I guess I've been told. . .let's kiss and make up :-* :-*  :-*

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 08:55:59 AM »
LOL.  Okay, we need to remove that smilie because it's just way too disturbing.   ;)  Trust me, there are a LOT of concepts which I wish we could discuss and go over in detail their synthesis and uses, but with litigation happy society the way it is, the risks of those discussions outweigh the benefits and 'fun'.  (I don't thnk it would be too fun to have to testify in court about why we had a discussion here on the synthesis of phencylclidine and trinitrophenol/mecury fulminate and how little Johnny killed himself when his reaction vessel blew up in his face.  Even though his mother did supply him with the chemicals and anything else he asked for without checking in on what he was doing.  God I hate society.   >:( )
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 08:58:02 AM by jdurg »

Offline hmx9123

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +59/-18
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 01:39:34 PM »
What's even more sad is that we may well get sued anyway, even if we don't discuss how to make the materials.  Johnny comes here, asks, and gets rebuffed, and then he turns to an unmoderated usenet forum and subsequently kills himself breathing in some toxic vapor while trying to make methamphetamine.  Then we get sued for talking to him or NOT talking to him about it.  If our society could have one thing as a goal, it would be personal responsibility.  I would say that 80-90% of the accidents out there are the fault of the victim.  Very few cases that I know of are actually fault of the manufacturer or the accused.  I think it'd be a lot of fun to discuss pyrotechnics on this forum, as that's one of my main interests, but you know that would go downhill immediately.

Mr. Pink

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 03:25:34 PM »
Unfortunately, not getting shut down is a priority.

No kiddin.

By the way, are we "allowed" to discuss neutron capture experiments on this forum?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 03:29:05 PM by Mr. Pink »

Sponsored Links