April 24, 2024, 01:59:15 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: metal complex bleach activator  (Read 5454 times)

nikoo

metal complex bleach activator
« on: April 01, 2005, 02:01:02 AM »
hi dear friends,I'm studing on bleach activator in detegent compunds.there are some of them such az EDTA but ther is an idea that metal complexes can be used alittle amount and more efficiency.who can answer me "what is the effect of central atom on properties of ligand?for ex. the diffrence of Fe,Cr,Co & etc?"Thanks

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re:metal complex bleach activator
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 01:21:56 PM »
can you rephrase your questions? i am having difficulty comprehending your question. Are you asking:

1. what is the effect of the central atom on ligands?
2. what is the effect of ligands on the central atom
3. why different metal exhibits different affinity for the same ligand?

I am not familiar with detergent or ligand chemistry. I am an engineer after-all. LOL. In my opinion, ligands are used as chelating agents in detergents . the chelated form is either the active or deactivated form. They control the concentration of the active form (to prevent over-oxidising the dyes or in case the ions actually interfere with  bleaching process or lead to unwanted precipitation).
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links