April 24, 2024, 11:30:41 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Why do pipes to/from a insurance rated pressure vessel not require testing?  (Read 5329 times)

Offline enzyme76

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi

We have several pressure/vac rated vessels that are covered by the (UK) pressure directive and therefore are tested routinly by an insurance inspector.

But why do the pipes that exit this vessel and therfore on the same pressure not require testing?

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
Hello enzyme76,

Thats a really good question. I can't comment on the practices for the U.K., because I am not familiar with the legislation.

In Canada, all pressure vessels and lines are required to be tested.  This includes vacuum lines.  There is a chance that a vacuum can be lost, and therefore pressure can cause the contents to leak.

I would ask someone within the company, because, there has got to be a good answer for your question.

Sorry that I couldn't help more.

Sincerely,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Offline enzyme76

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi Eugene

Thanks fro your reply.

How appt that you are from Canada, and my last post was "Emigrating to Canada from the UK"

Would be great if you could add some coments to my other post?

E.

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
Hello enzyme76,

I added comments to your post.

Feel free to ask questions on the other thread.

Sincerely,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Sponsored Links