March 28, 2024, 05:46:19 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Appropriate text for intorductory college level nuclear chemistry  (Read 14012 times)

Offline eurekasol

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I will be teaching an intensive 16 week course in nuclear chemistry/physics to very advance high school students who are taking the course for cash prizes and scholarship funds.  The material will be presented in 16 ~ 2 hour lectures, with weekly examinations.  I am looking for an appropriate textbook or books to supplement the lecture series.  The books should not be at a high school level, but should be directed to the level of a college freshman or sophmore with good general chemistry/physics knowledge, and preferably, there should be a test bank available.  If anyone is aware of suitable texts, I would appreciate hearing from them.  Approximately 50-75 students compete in these contests each year, so I require at least that many books.

Thank you,

Art Friedman, Ph.D.

Offline fedor

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Appropriate text for intorductory college level nuclear chemistry
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 04:47:23 PM »
I will be teaching an intensive 16 week course in nuclear chemistry/physics to very advance high school students who are taking the course for cash prizes and scholarship funds.  The material will be presented in 16 ~ 2 hour lectures, with weekly examinations.  I am looking for an appropriate textbook or books to supplement the lecture series.  The books should not be at a high school level, but should be directed to the level of a college freshman or sophmore with good general chemistry/physics knowledge, and preferably, there should be a test bank available.  If anyone is aware of suitable texts, I would appreciate hearing from them.  Approximately 50-75 students compete in these contests each year, so I require at least that many books.

Thank you,

Art Friedman, Ph.D.

Try this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nuclear-Chemistry-Ellis-Horwood-Physical/dp/0136269044

Fedor

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Sponsored Links