March 28, 2024, 11:56:09 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: I need help with this question please  (Read 4981 times)

Offline Bashir2008

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I need help with this question please
« on: August 27, 2008, 03:30:50 PM »
Hello everybody..

I have aquestion and hope to get help..please bear with me and try to finish reading my question..

Thank u very much for your time.

My question is

I have a pilot plant filter.. and i need to add some chemicals to the raw water before entering the filter..say for instance the water flow rate is around 20L/h

the concentration of the chmical solution is %10 (mass ratio).. and i need to add (dose) 5mg/L...which means 5mg of the chemials to 1L of water (flows in pipe before the filter )..
My question is how much (liter or milliters ) of the solution (chemicals) should i dose it to the water to give me the 5mg/l ?
I need to solve this problem in order to get the specification of the right dosing pump that i need to buy..
So please try to help me out with this.
Thank u very much

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: I need help with this question please
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:40:23 PM »
This is simple dilution question. 5 mg/L - how much per 20L? That'll give you mass of the reagent. Next step is to find out mass of the solution - you already know mass of 10%. Once you know solution mass, to convert to volume you will need solution density.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Gerard

• Mole Snacks: +13/-13
  • "pressure makes diamond"
Re: I need help with this question please
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 10:28:59 AM »
Hello everybody..

I have aquestion and hope to get help..please bear with me and try to finish reading my question..

Thank u very much for your time.

My question is

I have a pilot plant filter.. and i need to add some chemicals to the raw water before entering the filter..say for instance the water flow rate is around 20L/h

the concentration of the chmical solution is %10 (mass ratio).. and i need to add (dose) 5mg/L...which means 5mg of the chemials to 1L of water (flows in pipe before the filter )..
My question is how much (liter or milliters ) of the solution (chemicals) should i dose it to the water to give me the 5mg/l ?
I need to solve this problem in order to get the specification of the right dosing pump that i need to buy..
So please try to help me out with this.
Thank u very much
{(5 mg chemical/L sol'n) (volume of solution to be used in L) (10%) }/ (the density of the chemical at operating temperature) = the volume of the chemical needed at specified temperature
"Charles! Charles! That's it Mr. Charles Darwin get out of this room, I told you once and I told you twice not to tease your fellow Mr. Arrhenius!"

Offline Awasi

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I need help with this question please
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 02:34:33 PM »
Hey all !!

Can somebody enrich me something about combustion engines, what are they used for and how they work ??
I have to make a search report on this topic ??

Sponsored Links