March 28, 2024, 04:49:56 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Glyphosphate main ingredient  (Read 13988 times)

Offline gm mutant

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
Re: Glyphosphate main ingredient
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 11:37:01 PM »
the farm grows enough for the locals.
probably wont make much actual money.
it stops the need for transporting food. everything is fresh...still full of vitamins, and in cases where we dont sell things in small bulk orders to a few natural health shops, then is only cut/ pulled from the ground when the person comes to get their vegies. Its basically an extension of a personal vegie patch.

this doesnt really matter though, lets get back on thread...indian farmers are killing themselves because they are being forced to buy a patented gm seeds for everycrop, that they actually cant afford and they cant do the business that they have been doing for hundreds of years. Seeds in my opinion are there for those who want to work the land...i just want gm crops to be banned. Agriculture is basically too big, and thats why there has been a need for herbicides etc, but gm modifying the food is not the answer...is it..?

i wanna know, will i be forced in the future to buy gm seeds? or will i be able to do what i am doing now and that is practicing seed saving.
I am not a scientist and i am sorry if my opinion offends, but i am really annoyed that this kind of stuff is being done to what i see as already perfection. The eaarth is perfect a s it is...the food we eat is perfect, but yet we need to constantly stuff around with it to meet our requirements...does anyone really know if the gm crops will not harm us....of course they dont cause we are all the guinea pigs..
I think the work science does is great, but i think this is going to far..

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 12:15:37 AM »
What is wrong with GM plants? How could you not want to selectively enhance genes to make fruit grow bigger, juicier and more plentiful on less land with less fertilizer (fertillizer being the actual real harmful environmental concern). Plus, there freaking resistant to weed pesticides, that's AMAZING STUFF.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline DrCMS

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +210/-81
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 07:37:08 AM »
the farm grows enough for the locals.

So you want us to step back to subsistence farming and all leave the cities and work the land?  Grow up its not going to happen.

indian farmers are killing themselves because they are being forced to buy a patented gm seeds for everycrop, that they actually cant afford and they cant do the business that they have been doing for hundreds of years.

What evidence do you have for this statement?

Agriculture is basically too big, and thats why there has been a need for herbicides etc, but gm modifying the food is not the answer...is it..?

Agriculture is big beacuse the population is 6billion, if you can convince 75% of those people to comit suicide and the rest to work the land and only have 2 children per couple then we can live in your green wonderland.  The rest of us will carry on living in the real world were herbicides, pesticides and fertilisers are needed to grow enough food to feed everyone.  GM modifiying crops is part of the answer to how we can carry on feeding the world.

I am not a scientist and i am sorry if my opinion offends, but i am really annoyed that this kind of stuff is being done to what i see as already perfection. The eaarth is perfect a s it is...the food we eat is perfect, but yet we need to constantly stuff around with it to meet our requirements.

What complete and utter rubish crops have been modified for thousands of years by people.  Ever since people started farming we have breed crops/animals to be better than they were before.

What real annoys me is hippies/greens etc saying how crap all the modern world is but offering no viable alternative.

Offline gm mutant

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 05:58:29 PM »
seems i am dealing with hate throwing imbeciles now.....as if i am going to continue this discussion with such meager minds....get a grip!
fair well....thanks for your judgements..

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 06:19:22 PM »
DrCMS is known for his sharp - and sometimes too fast - tongue, but apart from some personal remarks his post signalls the real problems with your approach. You can run away, you can try to explain why do you think he is wrong. Choice is yours.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline DrCMS

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +210/-81
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 07:00:02 PM »
DrCMS is known for his sharp - and sometimes too fast - tongue, but apart from some personal remarks his post signalls the real problems with your approach.

I stand by everything I have posted but i don't think i have made any personal attacks. 

seems i am dealing with hate throwing imbeciles now.....as if i am going to continue this discussion with such meager minds....get a grip!
fair well....thanks for your judgements..

gm mutant on the other hand is calling me a hate throwing imbecile with a meager mind.  I'd call that a personal attack.

Sponsored Links