April 24, 2024, 06:18:56 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Poll

Would you like to see Cannabis legalized in your home-country?

Yes
No
It is legalized, but I would like to see it to become illegal!
It is legalized, and keep it that way!
I dont know

Topic: Legalization of cannabis  (Read 22973 times)

Offline limpet chicken

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +49/-27
  • Vote Limpet for supreme emperor of the new order
Re: Legalization of cannabis
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 04:25:19 PM »
I was quite surprised at the swiss result, given that they also voted to legalise prescription of pharmaceutical grade heroin for addicts who have had no success getting clean, or with methadone programs/buprenorphine.

I don't hold out much hope short term here in the UK, they did drop the green down from class B (our legal system has class A at the most severe end of the scale, containing coke, heroin, and ludicrously, most psychedelics, with class C at the bottom end of the scale, containing most benzodiazepines, some opioids, a few other bits and pieces)

Our home secretary Jacqui 'jackboots' Smith recently went directly against the panel of scientific and medical advisers on harm caused by social use of drugs, and wants it made class B again.

Why, oh why is there never a suicidal taliban fruitcake when you need one, WHERE you need one...

That said, if she were killed, we still wouldn't have rid of her, hell would s#*$ her straight back out again.
The light blinds
So behold darkness as our new light
In our darkness we can see
So with others blindness
We take flight.

Offline macman104

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +168/-26
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 04:31:11 PM »
Why, oh why is there never a suicidal taliban fruitcake when you need one, WHERE you need one...
...Unnecessary comment much?

Offline limpet chicken

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +49/-27
  • Vote Limpet for supreme emperor of the new order
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 02:00:59 AM »
Lol, I was being (semi) sarcastic.

The UK atm though, seems to be run by a bunch of selfinterested gangsters (indeed I read it said of organised crime and government once, that the difference lies only in the scale) who couldn't formulate a sensible policy to save their lives, and I'm heartily sick of the EU and its pulling the puppet strings to boot.

Jacqui Smith in particular, I would shed no tears were she to dissappear from the face of the earth (quite the opposite, cigars all round :D), you gotta live here to realise just HOW bad that lot are, if they were not in a cushty elected (or not, in the case of the current labour government and PM, they see no need to bother with such trifles as general elections it seems) position, and protected from scrutiny, if they were common citizens, they would be out of their jobs on their rear ends quicker than a cat off a hot tin roof, for gross misconduct, and almost certainly facing a list of criminal charges fit to make even the most hardened granny-mugger blush with shock.

Right now, they are collectively, along with the police force they heavily influence, about as popular as as finding a bag of burning dog-leavings on your doorstep in the morning.
The light blinds
So behold darkness as our new light
In our darkness we can see
So with others blindness
We take flight.

Sponsored Links