• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
ARGOS++
« on: July 31, 2008, 12:10:14 PM »
You probably remember him - he was rather irritating in his use of colors and grammar even more convoluted then mine. He disappeared abruptly on April 22nd. Today it occured to me that site he was quite often referring to, www.p-forster.com, is dead as well, although domain is paid in advance up to 2013. The site was using the same type of coloring, so I assume it was his site, although English used seemed much better. I wonder if something happened to him.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline macman104

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +168/-26
Re: ARGOS++
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 02:30:29 PM »
Not sure.  But despite his often irritating use of colors and interesting speak, he did answer questions and seemed fairly knowledgable.  I learned to ignore the colors and such, because he did help quite a few people with questions.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 03:15:52 PM »
I have learnt some behind the scenes facts, that lead me to this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ARGOS%2B%2B

So at least we know that ARGOS++ is a nick of Peter Foster.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline macman104

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +168/-26
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 03:19:52 PM »
Sounds exactly like him!

Offline Astrokel

• Mole Snacks: +65/-10
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 11:53:27 AM »
Sounds exactly like him!

yes!

i think we should have a database of some form of contacts(besides email?), so that we do know what is happening to each other, but judging from the con-man thread, it seems to be non feasible.
No matters what results are waiting for us, it's nothing but the DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ARGOS++

• Mole Snacks: +199/-56
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 06:17:18 PM »
…. ...;

Yes!   –  Not only: sounds like.
Yes!   –  I preferred to close the door silently behind me, (not like other did it at that time), caused by a big frustration about the fast gaining inflation rate of missus the forums without any real reaction!

Yesterday I didn’t believe my “friend” when he told me that somebody has written about my nick, - things like that could never happen,  - and:  I’m still faithless surprised!

Yesterday I also learned from my “friend”, that it would be not unwise, if I visit the forums from time to time to see what’s going on.

So I’m sort of glad to inform you all, that since several days at least the site and also all links in use should again work as expected, and I will take care of that.
At the moment I don’t know if there will be a time to stress the English Language again to answer a couple of questions, even if it seems now that a few things have changed.

For all other:  - Thank You!

Good Luck!
                    ARGOS++

P.S.:  But is opening a separate thread  not ‘too’ - too much honour for only a few answered questions?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 07:12:13 PM »
Well, there you are, it's good to hear from you again.  I had also noticed your domain was idle for a while -- I was going to send the link to someone, but you were in the middle of some "spring cleaning" apparently.  It was always a good spectroscopy resource for the "beginning expert" -- I hope you'll have it up again.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Astrokel

• Mole Snacks: +65/-10
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 08:03:59 PM »
lol Though im quite confused over what you have written but still welcome and glad that you are back! ;D Cheerz
No matters what results are waiting for us, it's nothing but the DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 03:14:56 AM »
Welcome back.

Sponsored Links