April 28, 2024, 08:39:17 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Conway experiment (principle and basically anything about it)  (Read 4025 times)

Offline christina

• Mole Snacks: +4/-3
Conway experiment (principle and basically anything about it)
« on: September 12, 2008, 07:23:30 PM »
I am doing a experiment, but I need to know what happens during it, to be able to start.

I'm doing a quantitative ethyl alcohol determination by microdiffusion. (using spectrophotometric measurement)

So, I looked online, in my book and there is nothing about this. There ARE journal articles that use the Conway method, but they all refer to the book, "Micro-diffusion Analysis and Volumetric Error" by Conway, E. J  and just say, procedures done, were from the book.

I need information on what is the principle behind the experiment, such as that titration is needed but, why? I do know, from what I've read that the outer ring of the conway dish has a chemical (blatently obvious) placed into it, and that, that one diffuses into the middle well, which contains fixant chemical (I think that's what it's called), then the fixant is titrated, and then, subsequently analyzed in the spectrometer. (This may be wrong, so if it is, please correct me)

Can anyone either explain this to me or at least send me somewhere online where the book is and I can read it there or a link where I can read all about this method of analysis.

I really need information on this or I cannot start my experiment.

Thank you

:)

Sponsored Links