March 29, 2024, 02:18:39 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Evironmental Chemistry VS Environmental Chemical Engineering  (Read 7821 times)

Offline HighTek

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Evironmental Chemistry VS Environmental Chemical Engineering
« on: September 16, 2008, 11:10:50 PM »
I am ready to transfer to a university...I was originally interested in Biofuels but that area is way too new and unknown. There really is no specific pathway to "majoring" in Biofuels.

So environmental chemistry caught my eye. I noticed that some universities offer straight up environmental chemistry and some offer environmental chemical engineering.

What is the difference?? One offers engineering courses and the other doesn't?? How would I choose which program to go after?

Mitch says that I should go for whatever I love...that way, I won't get stuck in something I dont' like. At this point, I'm not sure what I like yet.
I'm experiencing both Alzheimer's and Deja Vu right now, I think I forgot this before.

Offline Astrokel

• Mole Snacks: +65/-10
Re: Evironmental Chemistry VS Environmental Chemical Engineering
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 05:58:06 AM »
hi!

i have plan to study environmental engineering or environmental chemistry when i enter university which is 2 years later after my army. Though i don't know much about their differences, but i guess environemental engineering is like other engineering which has something to do with improving industrial products and maybe in this case, environment. whereas environmental chemistry is the study if the chemical process taking place in the surrounding?(not very sure). My aunt which is a physics lecturer in the university say the course is rather 'hot'(at least in my country, it is) now due to rising environmental concerns and may proved useful in the next decades(however, this is only her own thoughts, could be wrong). But still, i think it is a pretty interesting course for me, so it is worth considering for you too!  :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_engineering
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_chemistry
No matters what results are waiting for us, it's nothing but the DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links