April 28, 2024, 11:47:28 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: help.  (Read 4181 times)

Offline jada

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
help.
« on: December 18, 2008, 11:50:28 AM »
can someone please tell me were could i get a procedure for extraction of tea..please..help.

thank you

Offline JGK

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +66/-19
Re: help.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 07:06:47 PM »
What substance is it that you want to extract from the tea?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Offline jada

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 04:54:35 AM »

i just have to get the  extract of tea, from  dog rose's seed and the from bag of tea, and tell the difference

Offline cliverlong

• Mole Snacks: +60/-14
Re: T
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 06:47:42 AM »
i just have to get the  extract of tea, from  dog rose's seed and the from bag of tea, and tell the difference
A quick Google search turned up these two entries

http://www.teatalk.com/science/chemistry.htm
http://arstechnica.com/journals/science.ars/2008/08/04/chemicals-in-tea-may-sink-or-swim-at-the-cell-membrane

It appears that the extracts from tea are varied, related, complex molecules that (I suspect) would take rather sophisticated techniques to analyse.

I suspect you question is not as demanding as "get the extracts from various teas and analyse them"

If you can't analyse the extracts meaningfully , what is left? Colour of original leaf? Colour of extract? Effect of concentration on colour of extract? "Smell" of extract? Can you retrieve a solid from the "extract"?

As far as "getting the extract from tea" is concerned, have you ever made a cup of tea?

When posting, can you create a more meaningful title to the post than "help"? This is mentioned in the forum rules.

Regards

Clive

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: .
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 06:52:01 AM »

I'm going to ask the same question as JGK:, but in different words:  What are you looking for?  And how will you detect what you're looking for.  We need all the specifics of your application, before we can give you an answer we wouldn't be ashamed of.  The words you use, to describe your application, will also give us hints to discover your skill level, and what technical terms you understand, so this thread isn't confusing for you.

Ask the question again, expressed as complete thoughts, this time.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links