April 28, 2024, 02:38:02 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: an idea. please read.  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Psilo5

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
an idea. please read.
« on: November 15, 2008, 11:54:12 AM »
atoms are made of of positive and negative charges, correct? what do you think about isolating those charges and having opposite charges directed at them.... or, the same type of charge directed at them to propel each individual atom forward?

Offline Astrokel

• Mole Snacks: +65/-10
Re: an idea. please read.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 12:25:39 PM »
I don't get what you are trying to bring across, electrons and protons?  ???
No matters what results are waiting for us, it's nothing but the DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 01:32:46 PM »
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 02:59:57 PM »
Atoms may, at times carry a charge.  But, as experiments with early atom smashers have found (and we're still working on it -- go CERN,) atoms are not "made up of charges" no can you take a hydrogen nucleus, basically a single positively charged proton and separate it into "a positive charge" and "something else," like you imply.  That's pretty much the maximum extent of my knowledge on the subject*, but I just wanted to help you though the thought process and terminology.

*Well, I am aware that protons and neutrons are made of quarks, and the quarks themselves have states, but there's no quark that carries the entire positive or negative charge.  But yet, not fractional charges either.  But then the topic gets muddy, at least for me.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links