April 28, 2024, 08:38:35 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: double pipe heat exchanger  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Hazel

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
double pipe heat exchanger
« on: September 28, 2008, 05:25:55 AM »
PROB 1:I have found this data in Concentric Tube Heat Exchanger H952:

Tube Outer Diameter = 15 x 0.7mm Wall

From the diagram, I am not sure the data indicates A+B = 0.7mm or A and B is 0.7mm respectively.

Prob 2 : When I calculate a log mean temperature for a counter current flow,i found that the difference of THin and TCout is the same as the difference of THout and TCin.Therefore,the log mean temperature will become zero.In this case,is it unnecessary to count for the log mean temperature?I just need to find its mean temperature,right?..ie,what is the significant to use log mean temperature?..

Offline amitjthakkar

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: double pipe heat exchanger
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 02:03:04 AM »
Dear Hazel

PROB 1: A=0.7 mm and B=0.7 mm

Prob 2: In an Heat Exchanger there is not an exact temp diff. every where the heat transfer area, so LMTD is used as a more accurate measure.

Thanks
Amitjthakkar

PROB 1:I have found this data in Concentric Tube Heat Exchanger H952:

Tube Outer Diameter = 15 x 0.7mm Wall

From the diagram, I am not sure the data indicates A+B = 0.7mm or A and B is 0.7mm respectively.

Prob 2 : When I calculate a log mean temperature for a counter current flow,i found that the difference of THin and TCout is the same as the difference of THout and TCin.Therefore,the log mean temperature will become zero.In this case,is it unnecessary to count for the log mean temperature?I just need to find its mean temperature,right?..ie,what is the significant to use log mean temperature?..

Sponsored Links