April 25, 2024, 05:56:31 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: I so want to strangle someone that build Sirius...  (Read 3823 times)

Offline mir

• Fascinated organic chemist
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +13/-3
  • Visit my blog: mir.humle.be
    • My humble homepage with norwegian articles
I so want to strangle someone that build Sirius...
« on: November 21, 2008, 09:41:07 AM »
... I am using 90% of my time, to set the correct angles on my diagrams, in both x y and z direction (who wants diagram upside down anyway? So why the Z-axis?). Why the h**** cant they make a more userfriendly way of exploring the data? It feels like wading in glue. And sometimes the program just crashes, with no apparent reason, and sometimes you get error messages only the programmer knows what means. Now, when I look at that program, my stomach twitches before I even have started. This isn't good for me. Please, someone, dont buy Sirius (it costed a lot of money too! What do those programmers do with that kind of money? Travelling to Egypt on a six stars hotel, writing code in the shadow of the pyramids?). Save yourself from the agony. The devil lives inside it, or maybe even Shiva the Bloodthirsty.

It doesnt do me good either, that my THC S730 is broken down too. It takes 15 minutes before I manage to text someone. In my next life, I wish I live in celibate in Tibet and own only a piece of clothing and an eating bowl. 

Now when that is said, I really want to make my own chemometric-program. It isnt like a walk in the wood, but it is inspiring to use heavy programs like Sirius.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 09:57:16 AM by mir »
No single thing abides, but all things flow.
Fragment to fragment clings, and thus they grow
Until we know and name them.
Then by degrees they change and are no more
The things we know.
- Titus Lucretius Carus

http://www.ife.no

Offline ARGOS++

• Mole Snacks: +199/-56
Re: I so want to strangle someone that build Sirius...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 10:24:36 AM »
Dear Mir;

I believe almost everybody of us is suffering in similar kind with the outcome of programmer’s activities.
But why not put a “positive sign” in front of all your “power” instead “strangl’ing”?

Why not expand the list under Lesson 1., or drop a few lines for Lesson 2. on:     "User Interface

Good Luck!
                    ARGOS++

P.S.:  Also corrections for Lesson 1. & 2. are very much appreciated!

Sponsored Links