April 28, 2024, 11:35:01 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Plant Design for the Production of 10,000 Tons of Methanol from Natural Gas  (Read 5460 times)

Offline Gerard

• Mole Snacks: +13/-13
  • "pressure makes diamond"
Hi guys, here i am again....
i would like to ask on the basics of the design of the reformer...is the reformer the same as designing a plug flow reactor? in this case i will just use what i learned in Octave Levenspiel's book or is there any other tips that you can share?, i am designing a plant producing methanol from natural gas..
i would also like to ask what data i need to properly design a reformer...thanks everyone....
"Charles! Charles! That's it Mr. Charles Darwin get out of this room, I told you once and I told you twice not to tease your fellow Mr. Arrhenius!"

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
Hi artificial student,

It's great to hear that you are designing a methanol plant and have the book. Could you put something together in electronic form and share it with the online group? This way the experts can help guide you through the steps as you are learning them.

Thanks for your support.

Sincerely,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Offline Gerard

• Mole Snacks: +13/-13
  • "pressure makes diamond"
thanks for the concern eugene but all is handled well, the reformer and even the synthesis loop and the two distillation units..i am reviewinng for our licensure examinations now hope i will pass..
"Charles! Charles! That's it Mr. Charles Darwin get out of this room, I told you once and I told you twice not to tease your fellow Mr. Arrhenius!"

Sponsored Links