April 23, 2024, 02:40:38 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: A glowing white compound that sublimes at room temperature  (Read 38875 times)

Offline NickDC

• Mole Snacks: +1/-1
Re: A glowing white compound that sublimes at room temperature
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 08:44:45 AM »
I don't keep anything secret. If you had the common sense to click on my name, you would find the link to my website. Why would I be making this up? Even Issacc Newton wrote extensively on the medicines from metals, and NO they are NOT poisonous, and they do NOT show any traces of metals left in the final product.

I'm not here to prove anything. I only came here to ask the chemists who are so sure they know everything about everything if they had any clue what his glowing white mercury was, but obviously you are all dumbfounded as to what it could be and have absolutely no clue what it is.

Which is exactly what I expected, but I just had to check and make sure their wasn't an easy explanation for what this could be.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 08:57:28 AM »
I don't keep anything secret. If you had the common sense to click on my name, you would find the link to my website.

As of now - 17-12-2008, 14:56:27 my time, 12 minutes after you have posted - there is no link to any website in your profile.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline nj_bartel

• Mole Snacks: +76/-42
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 12:21:10 PM »
If you are so sure, I welcome you to put some mercury in a humidifier and have a quicksilver nasal relief  :P

Offline NickDC

• Mole Snacks: +1/-1
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 02:28:40 PM »
nj_bartel, apparently you have assumed that when I say "mercury" I'm talking about the elemental mercury metal, but I only say mercury because that is what this white metallic stuff looks like.

And anyway, YES this glowing material will indeed kill you. But it's used to dissolve gold and make a medicine of it.

This will all be very well known very soon because I'm publishing a book with several ways to make these medicines. Only in the book, I won't say they can cure all disease...I will let the public find out on their own just how amazing this re-discovery is.

Offline macman104

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +168/-26
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 02:45:58 PM »
I'm not here to prove anything. I only came here to ask the chemists who are so sure they know everything about everything if they had any clue what his glowing white mercury was, but obviously you are all dumbfounded as to what it could be and have absolutely no clue what it is.
It's hard to predict something that isn't really what your friend says it is.  Just sayin'.

Offline nj_bartel

• Mole Snacks: +76/-42
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »
And that is what WP looks like if it's chemically pure and kept at low temperature so it doesn't convert to red p at all  ;)

Offline limpet chicken

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +49/-27
  • Vote Limpet for supreme emperor of the new order
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 06:02:37 PM »
Willy pete doesn't convert THAT fast, even at heat, AFAIK it takes quite some time, I have distilled white P using a closed glass tubing system and a blowtorch and it didn't show any appreciable coversion to red P.

And yup, I don't recommend it, boiling, bubbling WP is some really scary s#*$, and its toxicity really isn't understated.
The light blinds
So behold darkness as our new light
In our darkness we can see
So with others blindness
We take flight.

Offline Fleaker

• Mole Snacks: +11/-0
  • Synthetic Chemist
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2008, 11:13:14 PM »
crackpottery2

^^Dear sir, I must insist that your superscript is incorrect and you are off by several orders of magnitude!

I'm sorry NickDC, I believe you came to the wrong forum, we are chemists here not alchemists. I should mention that I happen to enjoy reading about alchemy quite a bit, appreciating it from the standpoint of a modern day chemist and in its proper historical perspective. I still don't buy any of it!

I take some umbrage at your statement

Which is exactly what I expected, but I just had to check and make sure their wasn't an easy explanation for what this could be.

I don't recall claiming I knew everything under the sun, let alone a minuscule fraction of that. I also do not remember seeing anyone here claiming to know everything about everything. I would be absolutely delighted to read about and see your processes that produce results that are unknown to mainstream science. Granted, you're not here to prove anything to me, but if you don't show me how it's done, you've just contradicted yourself by proving something. I'm afraid most chemists are from Missouri.

That Cs137 note was rather cogent, especially considering what happened (I believe) in Mexico with an ampoule that was misplaced from a hospital. Quite a few suffered horrible deaths.
Neither flask nor beaker.

Offline limpet chicken

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +49/-27
  • Vote Limpet for supreme emperor of the new order
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 09:25:36 PM »
Link? I didn't read about that one.
The light blinds
So behold darkness as our new light
In our darkness we can see
So with others blindness
We take flight.

Offline Fleaker

• Mole Snacks: +11/-0
  • Synthetic Chemist
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 01:17:58 AM »
My mistake, it was in Brazil, different language. I must have got it confused with the Co-60 problem in Juarez, Mexico.

Here is a link: http://www.semp.us/publications/biot_reader.php?BiotID=234

I'm assuming it is it was CsCl in the ampoule.
Neither flask nor beaker.

Offline ParkerJ

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 06:01:08 AM »
I myself have achieved such miracles with gold and other metals, and turned them into medicines which cure every disease known to man, and far greater wonders.

The world is saved!  Knowledge like that has to be shared.  Either that or it is all bull.

Offline hobobot

• Mole Snacks: +4/-0
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 12:42:31 PM »
I myself have achieved such miracles with gold and other metals, and turned them into medicines which cure every disease known to man, and far greater wonders.

The world is saved!  Knowledge like that has to be shared.  Either that or it is all bull.

thank you for bumping this thread. I had never seen it before and it made my day.

Offline Grundalizer

• Mole Snacks: +19/-31
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010, 05:12:39 PM »
My friend who makes this glowing substance lives in Mexico. He claims a long lineage of people have been making this glowing white 'mercury' because it's used to dissolve other metals, like gold, down into a very special form that is used for things I'd rather not even mention here because nobody would believe me.

That made my night.  That would be a great narrated opening to a movie. hahaha

Offline vmelkon

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +28/-10
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 02:03:43 PM »
This is a pretty old thread but was fun to read.

Offline Catsceo

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
  • Heavy Metal Chem
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 11:03:51 PM »
This thread is hilarious  ;D  I think he came here just to pick a fight.
I <3 Bi, I, and Br! :D

Sponsored Links