April 23, 2024, 06:01:52 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Chemistry Home Work Help On Bondings  (Read 4442 times)

Offline MasterDKR

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Chemistry Home Work Help On Bondings
« on: January 03, 2009, 04:57:23 PM »
Well I know it will be a lot but I have couple more papers to write and I won't finish by Monday so please help me out and I will be very thankful. I could even help that person out with some stuff or anything they want, except a lot of money.
PS. I know the topic but over the week I had I lost it all and it will take me a couple of days to read back the whole chapter that's why another reason I couldn't do it. Thanks in advance.

==Questions on Bonding

1.As energy is released during the formation of the bond, the stability of the chemical system generally:
a) Increases b)Decreases c)Remains the same.

2.Which kind of energy is stored in a chemical bond:
a)Potential Energy b)Kinetic energy c)activation energy d)ionization energy

3.Consider the reaction below:
  2Na(s)+Cl_2(g)-->2NaCl(s) {the _2 means subscript}
  As the reactants form products, the stability of the chemical system

4.When a chemical bond forms between 2 hydrogen atoms, the potential energy of the atoms:

5.Energy is released when the atoms of 2 elements bond together to form a compound. Compare to the total
  potential energy of the atoms before bonding, the total potential energy of the atoms after bonding is:
a)Higher and the compound formed is stable b)Higher and the compound formed is unstable c)Lower and the compound formed is stable d)Lower and the compound formed is unstable

6-9. **I can handle that, its pictures that needs that I need to draw.

10.Metallice Bonding occurs between metal atoms that have:
a)Full valence orbitals and low ionization energies b)full valence orbitals and high ionization energies c)vacant valence orbitals and high ionization energies

11.Which element has a crystalline lattice through which electrons flow freely?
a)Bromine b)Calcium c)Carbon d)Sulfur

12.Which element has properties of good electrial conductivity and luster and exists as a liquid at STP?
a)Hg b)Br c)I d)C

That's all for now, I will type out the rest of the questions and post it.

Thanks again.
Devin

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Chemistry Home Work Help On Bondings
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 06:11:29 PM »
Well, I'm going to have to be direct with you, this forum doesn't give out free answers to homework problems.  It's not fair to other students, nor to you, on an upcoming exam, or later on in practical life. 

Furthermore,  some schools can get litigious, and I'd hate to see Mitch: lose his board to legal fees

Besides, it's very boring for us, to go reread a basic text, or do a Google or wikipedia search, just to do your writing for you.  Many of your questions are simple definitions, that you could find in your textbook's index, and I normally suggest you do that bit yourself, and come back with questions that are really stumping you. 

There is also a rule on this board, not to demand urgency from us -- it is up to you to start your assignments early enough to get your work done, even with our help.

Thing is, you already know all that.  And have basically said that in one week, you've lost all knowledge, and have no ability to recall it, or search for it.  There is nothing I can do to help you, in that case.

Try some searches, and see if you can attempt your work, and we'll see what hints we can give you to help you with more confusing points.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline MasterDKR

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Chemistry Home Work Help On Bondings
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 06:39:13 PM »
I understand fully, and don't worry my school would never find you guys and close down the site, the teacher doesnt even know how a pc works. Can you just help me on those questions and I will do the rest on my own. I will have to do some reading on the rest though. Thanks

Sponsored Links