March 29, 2024, 09:35:41 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Matrix pleaseee help????  (Read 4731 times)

Offline maria69

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Matrix pleaseee help????
« on: February 05, 2009, 09:38:58 AM »
I have finished all the parts of first question but i just don't know how to work in
(iv) part. i know that the answer should be :infinite number of possibilities, one answer is [-8;8;-1;0;1]. Can someone pleaseeeeeeee show me the solution??? pleaseee??
THank you very much maria!

Offline Yggdrasil

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +485/-21
  • Physical Biochemist
Re: Matrix pleaseee help????
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 11:44:35 PM »
To show
I have finished all the parts of first question but i just don't know how to work in
(iv) part. i know that the answer should be :infinite number of possibilities, one answer is [-8;8;-1;0;1]. Can someone pleaseeeeeeee show me the solution??? pleaseee??

You have an answer there.  To show that it can form a base with v3 all you have to do is show that it is in S2 and it is linearly independent with v3.

Offline Martingale

• Mole Snacks: +7/-1
Re: Matrix pleaseee help????
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 09:47:24 AM »
THank you very much maria!

how about [-7,7,-1,1,0]

if you can do (ii) you should be able to do (iv)
Professor: Anywho, your net suits will let you experience Fry's worm-infested bowels as if you were actually wriggling through them.
Dr. Zoidberg: There's no part of that sentence I didn't like.

Sponsored Links