April 23, 2024, 08:34:19 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: How to calculate the current in the photodiode due to fluorescence emission?  (Read 3187 times)

Offline robbiec

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi, I'm new here and have a tutorial problem that I just cannot get a sensible answer for, because I can't get my head around the last part.

I am going to attach the relevant diagram, which shows a lamp emitting light. This passes into a monochromator and then into a sample cuvette. Emission from this at a 90 degree angle then passes through another monochromator and is then detected by a Silicon Photodiode.

Using the known data, I need to estimate the detected ampage at the photodiode. Now, I have decided to do this at 425nm for obvious reasons and am fine with it until it comes to working out the fluorescence emissions...

Can someone run through the maths of this and explain how they get the answer they do please? Thank-you.

Offline robbiec

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Does no one have any idea? I have done the question and got 0.218A.

I am pretty sure it is wrong, and would like some help in working out why... Please. Someone must be able to do this?!

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
There's a lot of info to sort through, and several steps to work on.  If, in addition to giving us the end result, you show us some of the setup formulas and intermediate calculations, we may find the error, or we may confirm that you're correct.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links