March 29, 2024, 04:48:29 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Compiling a cheap lab set  (Read 20237 times)

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
Re: Compiling a cheap lab set
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 10:40:05 PM »
Lawrence
This is a good effort, but you posted this twice.
It might have been better to do your main post as you did and link to it here in this post.

Offline Lawrence

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 02:51:14 PM »
Yea sorry. I posted my answers to the above questions and thought I would start a new thread that might generate more ideas to add to my lab.

Lawrence

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 05:24:52 PM »
no worries

Offline Grundalizer

• Mole Snacks: +19/-31
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 06:40:12 PM »
Lawrence, your ability to make use of common throw-away items for lab ware is awesome. +1  You have inspired me to build an incubator of my own.  Cool stuff.

Offline BetaAmyloid

• Mole Snacks: +18/-38
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 10:53:59 PM »
Yeah Lawrence, I wanted a little more information about the blender centrifuge. What procedures were taken to make it and balance it? I didn't see the steps to create it on your website.
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought - Albert Szent-Györgyi

Offline srihari

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 12:43:21 AM »
WOW !!! Nice work lawrence !

Nice blog too :)

regards
Srihari
life's game -play it

Offline Lawrence

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 05:45:59 PM »
Thanks Grundalizer I am glad my blog is inspiring you to build your own equipment. That is what I was hoping to do, as well as let people see that science does not have to always be expensive and can be done with items on hand. Good luck and keep me informed I love to hear from others and what they are doing.

To The Cancer Curer (Is this what your projects are for, a cancer cure? I hope so. I believe that citizen scientist can help in this too.) Sorry for the late reply. I have not really put step by step instructions on my blog. I have used it to show what I have created and to give others ideas. I have been thinking about adding step by step instructions.

Also I have thought about starting a amateur science magazine that would include step by step projects for equipment and experiments, etc. I am not sure whether I can come up with enough projects to start a magazine and keep it going. I might need help to keep up with new projects and experiments. But I will see, there is alot on my bog to start with.

To Srihari thank you, I hope you get something from my blog. Do you do many experiments?

Lawrence

Offline BetaAmyloid

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 11:27:32 PM »
Alright! Let us know if you start a step-by-step instruction section. Until then, I'll try to avoid injurying myself.  :P
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought - Albert Szent-Györgyi

Offline Lawrence

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 12:05:32 AM »
I have now posted on my blog what I did to build my centrifuge. I hope this helps. I don't want to see you injure yourself.

Lawrence

Offline BetaAmyloid

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 01:19:59 AM »
Nice Lawrence, thanks a lot.

:)

Offline stevenmac5

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 11:45:22 PM »

Also I have thought about starting a amateur science magazine that would include step by step projects for equipment and experiments, etc. I am not sure whether I can come up with enough projects to start a magazine and keep it going. I might need help to keep up with new projects and experiments. But I will see, there is alot on my bog to start with.

This would be cool. Use what you know at first to gain a bit of a following and encourage people to write articles for it. Most magazines (especially instructional ones) have avid readers who submit articles all the time. My friend does it for a car magazine and now companies send him all kinds of tools so he uses them in his articles as a form of advertisement and now he's got a garage full of free tools that are normally expensive. I know it's not the same thing because you are trying to use home made tools but it's just an example of how people write for magazines. This could really work. Good idea. Interested to see if you follow through. I'd read it.

Sponsored Links