March 28, 2024, 10:50:10 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: 3,000+ Downloads  (Read 5286 times)

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
3,000+ Downloads
« on: May 10, 2005, 08:57:43 PM »
I now see that from the data in the downloads and links section, my periodic table has been downloaded over 3,000 times!  I just wanted to give my thanks to everyone for showing such a big interest in what started out as a meager little collection.  Because of the popularity of these photos, a part of my collection will now be published in a general chemistry textbook coming out later this year.  Each day I get more e-mails and messages from people asking if they can use my photographs for something they're doing.  I'm simply amazed at how popular this little file is, and happy that so many people like it so much.  Thank you everyone.   :biggrin:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 09:55:34 AM by Mitch »
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

miaskows

Re:3,000+ Downloads
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 08:06:10 AM »
It is not the meager little collection but sort of breakthrough. By my opinion it could be adopted not only for elements but also for compounds. It should be of some help for pplz to see that ,for example ,CuSO4*nH2O is blue colored and unhydrous CuSO4 is white (not only read the description). A lot of compounds could have been pictured and identificated visualy by their appearence (sometimes it even can develop sort of admiring for chemistry).

Offline xiankai

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +77/-37
Re:3,000+ Downloads
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 08:17:37 AM »
he's got a point too...  we depend very much on cation/anion tests and other stuff like the decolourisation of KMnO4, the changing of CoCl2 from pink to blue when added with water, etc.

it will be hard work i suppose, and dont think its feasible.

common compounds would be a better option... but i guarantee the site will become VERY popular then :)
one learns best by teaching

Sponsored Links