April 25, 2024, 07:24:54 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Good Thermodynamics Books  (Read 5354 times)

Offline danago

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Good Thermodynamics Books
« on: March 01, 2009, 03:30:02 AM »
Hey. At the moment for my thermo class im using Koretsky's "Engineering and Chemical Thermodynamics", and so far it has been pretty good. However, like almost any other course i do, i like to have extra reading material and problems to solve. Does anybody have suggestions as to what they think are some good chemical thermodynamics textbooks for an undergrad chem. eng. course? Perhaps what you used when you were learning, or some other texbook you have come across?

Thanks in advance,
Dan.

Offline kanankiri

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Good Thermodynamics Books
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »
Atkins' physical chemistry is the best when it comes to thermodynamics

Offline danago

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 07:34:02 AM »
Do you know if there is a lot of difference between the fourth edition and the latest print (8th or 7th edition i think?)? When i was out one day i managed to find a 4th edition print for only $20 so i bought it, although haven't had much of a chance to look at it yet.

Offline kanankiri

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 08:34:38 PM »
me myself were reading 2nd edition when I took my undergraduate thermodynamic class.

Honestly, its very difficult to read, but now that I've bought the 8th edition.

the latest edition is very thick and colorful, and the most important thing, very much easier to read compare to "the poor" 2nd edition. I personally regret that this book was not available during my undergraduate time.

regards,
bernath

Sponsored Links