April 28, 2024, 04:38:04 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Benzene toluene distillation column design calculation  (Read 12195 times)

Offline rayyan

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Benzene toluene distillation column design calculation
« on: March 23, 2009, 03:13:33 AM »
hello,
im ryan, need a whole alota aid with this benzene toluene column design.
things that i could probably use:

1. can anyone point out what are the steps that i need to follow to do the designing of the column. any link explaing the calculating methods. or someone here giving the guidelines.
2. calculation of the small items with the distillation column, i.e. what all should i include in this part, and how can i do the calculation for that part.

that would be all, if i do get a reply, i will tell more about the project of what i have understood, and more details. im not going into details and sending the flow diagram, bcuz of many reason, but one that i can state is, i dont see many responses on the distilation design part, unless if im wrong and it was done privately.

highly grateful,
ryan.

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
Re: Benzene toluene distillation column design calculation
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:00:26 PM »
Hi Ryan,

A really good place to understand some of the fundamental aspects of distillation is at the following link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distillation

Theoretical stages, height equivalent of a theoretical plate (HETP) are a good start. There are also references for packed bed information.

I hope this helps you out.

Sincerely,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Offline qazinasir

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Benzene toluene distillation column design calculation
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 08:36:48 AM »
hello brother,
u know anything about cost esitmation of distillation column, i want to know the linkfor thisor if escel spread sheet is availabe or any book link please do let me know
regards

Sponsored Links