April 25, 2024, 08:36:00 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Food Poisoning sucks.  (Read 18996 times)

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +106/-23
  • I am NOT a freak.
Food Poisoning sucks.
« on: May 14, 2005, 09:08:25 PM »
Hey guys.  Sorry I haven't been around lately to answer questions and help tidy up the forums.  On Thursday at around noon, I went to a local McDonalds to get some chicken nuggets for lunch.  Little did I know that those chicken nuggets would be contaminated and that I would soon come down with some nasty food poisoning.  I have NEVER gotten that sick in my life.  In fact, I had such violent emesis that I strained some muscles in my ribcage making it difficult to eat and/or breathe now without pain.  My appetite just came back a short while ago, so hopefully by tomorrow I'll be 100% and be able to return to my normal duties.
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline limpet chicken

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +49/-27
  • Vote Limpet for supreme emperor of the new order
Re:Food Poisoning sucks.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 10:47:19 PM »
McDonalds food, especially the "chicken" nuggets, make my skin crawl, a while ago, I saw a documentary, where someone infiltrated the production facility for the nuggets with a hidden camera, it showed the workers actually scraping bits of the pulped chicken skins they add to the nuggets off the floor, and worse, off the soles of their shoes, and flicking it back into the mixers :o

I had a bad experience with those things as a kid, I bit into a nugget, and chomped down to find a f&#^$*@ whole chicken's beak inside the offending nugget, I haven't ever eaten the things since, save one time, when I accidentally smoked crack (long story, involving a laced blunt, unbeknownst to me) and was bought a meal by a friend to help come down, I think I eat chicken nuggets then, my memory is kinda hazy about the whole episode, I certainly wouldn't touch the damned things when I wasn't high though, they are beyond disgusting.
The light blinds
So behold darkness as our new light
In our darkness we can see
So with others blindness
We take flight.

Offline movies

• Organic Minion
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +222/-21
  • Better living through chemistry!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 07:16:48 PM »
Lawsuits!!!

Offline hmx9123

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +59/-18
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 03:40:54 AM »
New McDonald's Slogans:

"It tastes better when you're high!"

"You have to be high to eat our food."

"If you're high, you won't taste it.  We promise."

Offline limpet chicken

• mad scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 08:04:17 PM »
The ONLY time I will eat at McPlaguepit's is when I got a generous level of morphine in my system, or am severely stoned, its the only time I can justify being lazy enough to eat that shite to myself ;D
The light blinds
So with others blindness
We take flight.

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 11:39:04 PM »
The ONLY time I will eat at McPlaguepit's is when I got a generous level of morphine in my system, or am severely stoned, its the only time I can justify being lazy enough to eat that shite to myself ;D

Well I spent most of today heavily 'influenced' by my green friend, and not once did I crave McDonalds.  So their food must really be set as 'HORRIBLE' in my mind.   ;D
"A real fart is beefy, has a density greater than or equal to the air surrounding it, consists

Offline limpet chicken

• mad scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 11:28:40 PM »
Although I like just a few things, the double cheeseburgers, fries, and milkshakes, the rest of their food is an abomination, and I am forever put off the chicken nuggets, as when I was little, I still remember finding a beak in one, attatched to a bit of skull and gristle, revolting stuff.
The light blinds
So with others blindness
We take flight.

Offline Tiger

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +15/-5
  • When I'm with you Eternity is a step away
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 01:47:55 AM »
Food poisoning...got it several times...

Benzene265

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 08:44:33 PM »
I never found anything horrible in chicken nuggets, but I know for a fact that they bleach the meat so that it just looks like all white meat.

The only things I'll eat at McDonalds are fries and salads.  Fries aren't meant to be healthy and they're ordered enough that you're guaranteed a reasonably fresh product.  Also, unless there's a hepatitis scare on, you can usually tell a salad's bad just by looking at it.

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 08:08:28 PM »
I never eat at McDonald's - the worst tasting fast food chain.

unfortunately, their happy meals are pretty potent to keep kids addicted to their cuisine.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2005, 09:24:39 PM »
Far be it that I would defend MickyDee, but the opinions expressed here about food quality is somewhat hyperbolae and the characterization that one chances food poisoning are off the mark. From personal observation, documentaries, news stories, medical media sources and conversations with food quality people I have come to the following conclusions. MD does not serve poor food. They do not server great food. They serve mediocre food. They process it so much that they rarely have food poisoning incidents. So when you go to MD you know what you are getting, consistently mediocre food. You are not going to get good food and you are not going to get bad food. You are getting what you went there for, fast food.

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 02:19:13 PM »
Food poisoning doesn't come from the food itself.  It comes from how the food is handled.  Take a look at what causes staph food poisoning.  You'll see that it comes from people not washing their hands, picking a sore then handling your food, or dropping food on a floor and not throwing it away.  THAT can be controlled by the company itself.  If the company doesn't care about cleanliness, then those types of food poisonings will be far more likely to occur.

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 07:21:24 PM »
This does not sound like the typical MD in the USA. In fact the way food is handled here is specified to the point that stuff is overcooked to prevent problems. It might be that outside the USA the ability to control franchises is limited.

Offline jdurg

• Banninator
  • Retired Staff
  • I am NOT a freak.
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2005, 11:24:10 PM »
As I mentioned earlier, the level to which the food is cooked doesn't matter for Staph poisoning.  The staphyllococcus bacteria reside on your skin, in acne sores, in other sores that people have on their skin, etc. etc.  So if teenager Joe Shmoe is having an acne outbreak and pops a zit, then handles your food and you eat it, there is a VERY high chance that you'll get sick from it.  That's something that should be controlled by the managers of the restaurants, but it isn't always the case.  ESPECIALLY in a cheap fast food joint like McDonalds.

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 11:36:25 PM »
I will repeat that from inside knowledge, I am certain that in the USA that the chance of getting food poisoning from MD is far less than other sources. The corporate headquarters can ill afford to have bad press. They have a training program and handling protocol that is very standard. So standard in fact that the quality of product is mediocre.

Sponsored Links