April 18, 2024, 04:32:12 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Phyisics or Chemistry  (Read 7036 times)

AirJordan

Phyisics or Chemistry
« on: May 14, 2005, 12:54:52 AM »
Alright, I just finished siging up for my classes next year. I wanted your guys opinpon on the phyisics and Chemistry. Do you guys see Chemistry more important in signing up for college and the long run. Or is the other way around. Thnks.  ???

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re:Phyisics or Chemistry
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 01:28:34 AM »
college as in considering physics or chemistry for your undergraduate degree?
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 01:34:18 AM »
They posted in the high school chemistry board. ;)
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Retired Staff
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 02:10:15 AM »
i am not familiar with the american pre-university system.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

GCT

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 04:22:59 PM »
Alright, I just finished siging up for my classes next year. I wanted your guys opinpon on the phyisics and Chemistry. Do you guys see Chemistry more important in signing up for college and the long run. Or is the other way around. Thnks.  ???

They are equally important, you will definitely need to concentrate on both.  However, i would take chemsitry first.

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Retired Staff
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 04:28:36 PM »
is it not possible to take both? i believe chemistry and physics taught at the pre-university level emphasises on 2 very different things. pre-u chemistry focuses on interactions between molecules whereas pre-u physics emphasis on mechanics. You would need a thorough idea of both if you were to study engineering at university (in my opinion). They goes hand in hand in engineering design.

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 01:45:10 AM »
Chemicalforums will be naturally biased towards an answer.   ::)
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

AirJordan

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 07:15:30 PM »
You can take both. Its just that, I kinda think that Phyisics is not that helpful towards it. But if it does make collegers look at my application more. Then I would take it.

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Retired Staff
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 12:58:09 AM »
it will be useful just in case you decide to study engineering at university. it isn't a nice experience to find yourself lagging behind your peers when university just started.

Sponsored Links