April 24, 2024, 07:34:38 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Some questions....  (Read 7088 times)

Offline Vortex

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
Some questions....
« on: April 20, 2009, 05:28:08 PM »
I have some questions to ask. We all have hear about cloning, chimeras, hybrids etc etc... Well:

1. Is possible the development of a human embryo (until one stage or even born a human) if we insert it in an animals uterus? (e.g cow or pig) OR the oposite: If we insert an e.g Cows embryo in a womans uterus is possible the development of the embryo or the born of the animal? If not why??

2. Can we consolidate 2 embryos e.g a human and one of a cow, insert it in a human or animal and born the creature? Before tell me this is science fiction i have to tell you it has happen something similar in 1984 in Scotland with the born of the geep (ship+goat embryos)

3. Can we create animals with 100% human brains??

4. Can we create "superhumans"?? I have to tell you scientists created a "super-mouse" before 2-3 years and the gene is the same in human too. The mouse had huge endurance, run faster and eat 60% more without being fat!!!  :o

Thanks for your time.  :)

Offline Wreath

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Re: Some questions....
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 12:39:19 PM »
Don't want to give you the answers. Just consider that there are many specific proteins for each species, so when you connect (cause in uterus there will probably be a connection between "mother" and "child") two different species, I would expect at least some huge immunity problems. embryos will have genes for different proteins than "mother" and this probably would be so wild when you mix them. so I'd say questions 1-3 are quite science - fiction :-)
and 4, I saw this "super-mouse". quite cool. I assume that can be possible in human, if we target the gene and find the modification which will work for us. That may be possible. But there are some ethical problems, you know..

Offline Vortex

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 01:59:03 PM »
Thanks for your answer my friend.  :)

Well i can accept that is "science-fiction" at least until today the birth of a human from an animal and the oposite. But i dont think its impossible the development until one (early) stage. I have read that some scientists did experiments with eggs. They inserted the animal embryo and it developed for 12 or 14 days then destroyed. Thats a huge step i believe.

As for the consolidation of two embryos why science fiction?? It happened in 1984 with the creation in Scotland of the "Geep". Also i have hear that in South Korea (Im not sure for the country i have to tell) they consolidated two embryos. (Human+rabbit) but shortly after they were destroyed.

As for the mice an American scientist created mice with 1% human brains. He said his next target is the creation of mice with 100% human brains BUT immediatly after their born they will terminated and study their brains.

As for the "superhumans" well it will happen one day. You cant stop the evolution of the science...

Offline Wreath

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 02:23:30 PM »
well, in single cases, why not. the possibility will always be there. I only said it's very, very unlikely. there might be a coincidence of certain factors that allows the growth, but I believe in 99,99% cases that's impossible (now).

Offline Vortex

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 03:10:48 PM »
Well i do dreams that one day people will go to a company and "order" their favorite pet with the characteristics they want to have. Or their favorite hybrid... or their favorite BABY. Today its a dream but one day it will become reality. I know it will.

Offline Wreath

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 03:41:17 AM »
Well, I think that's no more chemical or biochemical discussion :-)

Offline Vortex

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 04:38:08 PM »
Well, I think that's no more chemical or biochemical discussion :-)

You are right i have to admit. So... back to our topic:

Today i heard in the news about Dr. Zavos who announced the creation of 14 clones-embryos. 11 of them were inserted in women who were volunteers. Unfortunatly the embryos didnt survive.  :( BUT Dr said he will continue his experiments until the creation of the first child-clone. He estimates that its a matter of 1 or 2 years.  :)

Offline lento

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 03:10:16 PM »
1. Is possible the development of a human embryo (until one stage or even born a human) if we insert it in an animals uterus? (e.g cow or pig) OR the oposite: If we insert an e.g Cows embryo in a womans uterus is possible the development of the embryo or the born of the animal? If not why??

Really depends on the stage. The embryo development would be impossible.

Sponsored Links