April 16, 2024, 06:56:44 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: About this horrible crime....  (Read 4716 times)

Offline Vortex

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
About this horrible crime....
« on: April 22, 2009, 04:17:14 PM »
I am sure most of you have hear about a young woman named "Melissa Huckabe" (28) who kidnaped, raped and killed a 8 years old girl in California of the USA.  :o  :'(

I heard it on the TV. Its something terrible. I look at her and i cant believe she really did this. Is she 100% guilty? I cant believe that a young woman-teacher did this. If she did, then she must executed. Whats your opinion?

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: About this horrible crime....
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 05:33:25 PM »
She's not guilty, until a trial of her peers determines her so, or she waives the right, and admits guilt, in a court presided over by a judge, as per contemporary US law.

I think, worldwide, more terrible, similarly terrible, and almost as terrible things happen, all the time, everywhere.  And the specifics, of place and crime, don't really mean much, about specific people.  On another forum, that I used to frequent, someone said that the "terrible" actions of a guy in Austria, was so much more terrible than even what he'd heard about the US (which I assumed, from the tone of his posting, was the terriblist place in the world, so far as he knew, to that point), so Austria itself must be, a terrible place, full of terrible people, as a consequence.  And frankly, that was such a stupid sentiment, I just stopped browsing that forum.  Well, for a little while, at least. :P

But I really don't get the mentality of people, who just show up, and marvel out loud, at the terrible new stories they've read.  I myself, do browse wikipedia, and other on-line sources, when I hear about particularly awful crimes, such as this topic, or the "Craigslist killer", or even financial or political scandals.  So I know what's going on, and can share a fact I may know, when the topic comes up.  But I don't see the point of an "Oh, my gosh" post on a forum not dedicated to ... well, "Oh, my gosh" postings.  Yes, all forums have a little off-topic comment page, like this one.  But still, would you walk down the street, stop a stranger, and just blurt out this opinion?  Maybe gossipy people do always endeavor to share their opinions on such topics in public, but I just don't think it's very cool, or mature, even to behave this way.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Vortex

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
Re: About this horrible crime....
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 05:57:56 PM »
Ok i respect your opinion but thats a generic discussion forum so i believe i can open this kind of topics. I dont see anything wrong here i have to say. At least thats my opinion. According to your logic many topics here must just "disappear"-dont have a place here. BUT we are a multi-forum.  ;) And we have freedom of speech. Simply if you disagree with something just dont participate on that. I believe its so simple. 

:)

Sponsored Links