April 18, 2024, 01:53:21 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Calculating modulus of elasticity with stress strain data points - Please Help  (Read 9334 times)

Offline zirconian

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi, I am just wondering for a given set of stress strain data pts how we calculate youngs modulus/modulus of elasticity. I know i can use mo of elas= engineering strain over stress - i.e gradient,  it keeps giving me different values for each set of points. And i dont know if i should graph it or whatver becasue first  - wahts the point i already have data, secondly, its a really small number ie 0.056732. I dont think it was designed to be plotted.

So which answer should i use to get modulus of elasticity, the first data set? or just even the average. by the way the material is something called wine wood.

Much thanks,

Offline danago

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Hi, I am just wondering for a given set of stress strain data pts how we calculate youngs modulus/modulus of elasticity. I know i can use mo of elas= engineering strain over stress - i.e gradient,  it keeps giving me different values for each set of points. And i dont know if i should graph it or whatver becasue first  - wahts the point i already have data, secondly, its a really small number ie 0.056732. I dont think it was designed to be plotted.

So which answer should i use to get modulus of elasticity, the first data set? or just even the average. by the way the material is something called wine wood.

Much thanks,

You could perform regression analysis and fit the data to a linear model, and then use the gradient of that?

Sponsored Links