April 23, 2024, 02:54:21 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Rules  (Read 10995 times)

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
Rules
« on: May 11, 2009, 06:28:05 PM »
In the past we had general Forum Rules that were on the main page. Now I see that many of the forums have there own rule sticky. None of the ones I looked at so far discuss the prohibition on drug and explosive discussion. Also, I do not see anything on copyright issues. Should we add some of the old rules on each of the forums?

Offline macman104

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +168/-26
Re: Rules
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 07:55:32 PM »
I also think it would be good to have the one page for the rules that we can link to, instead of each subforum having it's own rules page.

Offline Rabn

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +28/-13
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 08:20:47 PM »
The clauses on prohibiting discussions about the incredibly fascinating topics of illegal narcotics and the manufacture of explosives and in certain cases synthesis of reagents used in the production of explosives should probably be included. It really helps keep the forums true to their purpose.  *turn on Cleetus from The Simpsons voice* Shoot, if that aint a shame though.  Talkin' 'bout shinin' and makin' cherry bombs aint hurt no one.  'cept my cousin Larry; he thought you was supposed ta drink a molotov cocktail and before he took his first sip he decided to light his homemade firecrackers to celebrate. His hause smelled bar-b-q for three months. I couldn't go over without gettin' hungry for smoked skunk. by golly. *stop the madness*

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 04:02:26 AM »
My bet is that Forum Rules are somewhere in the backup of the site done before we moved. Mitch is lately barely visible, he is probably furiously working to finish his PhD, so he has no time to deal with minaor issues. And I prefer not to touch parts of the forums I have no experience with  ;D

But I agree - we need forum rules as a general link on the main page (its used to be here: http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?page=forumrules) and we need them to cover things like explosives, drugs and copyright. That was all in the latest version of the forum rules and it would be nice to have them back.

Or at least to put them back in all individual forums. Having text I can do it any moment, but I don't feel like writing these rules - not with my English.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 10:41:04 PM »
Mitch and Borek
Thank you for reviving the rule listing

Sponsored Links