April 27, 2024, 09:37:47 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: NMRview vs. XWINNMR  (Read 5490 times)

Offline dfodor

• Mole Snacks: +0/-2
NMRview vs. XWINNMR
« on: June 25, 2009, 04:29:22 PM »
Hi,

I would like to ask for help in the followings: We use MestRe-C for the analysis of NMR spectra. I am a Debian user and would like to ask whether there is a useful alternative of this program. I know there are MestRe-C deb packages available but they are valid for a trial period of 45 days and I am looking for a free equivalent. So far I found matNMR and relax. The former uses matlab which I do not have, the latter stops with syntax error (despite fulfilled dependecies). I also found NMRview that could be very useful but I do not find how to convert the files readable for this program created by XWINNMR (we have an old Bruker).

I am looking for a free Linux program (Debian package is preferred) that can handle the files created by XWINNMR and has basic analysis functions (FID FT, peak picking, integral etc.).

I would appreciate any kind of help.

Daniel

Offline StarvinMarvin

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +5/-6
Re: NMRview vs. XWINNMR
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 07:34:58 PM »
How about Topspin? I believe you could find a package for Debian.

Offline kiwi

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +20/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 01:34:45 AM »
You can get Topspin going under linux relatively easily, but AFAIK it is very much not free.

Allegedly you can get Spinworks going under WINE, but I haven't tested this. You can grab Spinworks here, ftp://davinci.chem.umanitoba.ca/pub/marat/SpinWorks/

Offline dfodor

• Mole Snacks: +0/-2
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 10:24:11 AM »
Thank you very much for your replies. I checked Topspin but it is indeed not free. I could install Spinworks under wine but could not get it running. It requires .NET framework... I spent the last two days to find an appropriate software but apparently it is not that easy for Linux users :(

Any other idea?

Thank you

Daniel

Sponsored Links