March 28, 2024, 02:33:06 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Poll

Which universitiy's Chemical Engineering school is better?

Texas A&M University-Kingsville
0 (0%)
Lamar University
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 02, 2009, 11:41:01 AM

Topic: Lamar or Texas A&M University-Kingsville?  (Read 5723 times)

Offline BobHouston

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Lamar or Texas A&M University-Kingsville?
« on: July 12, 2009, 11:41:01 AM »
Hi there

I have been accepted into Chemical Engineering graduate program of Lamar University and Texas A&M University-Kingsville for fall semester 2009. Both universities are attractive in some ways, that is way I have a big dilemma over to choose one of those. In fact, Lamar University has been offering $1000 scholarship for 2009-2010 academic year and also out-state tuition waive, because my I have a good scores from TOEFL and GRE and also 3.5 GPA from my previous my undergraduate and graduate schools of Russia. Futhermore Lamar University is in middle-size city of Beaumont I would enjoy my life as well as my family which is going to immigrate from Russia to the US soon. But name of Texas A&M University-Kingsville is more attractive to me, indeed it is not Texas A&M University, however it is member of Texas A&M University System. It is located in a small town Kingsville Texas, 40 miles southwest of Corpus Christi Texas and 120 miles from North of Mexico and about 160 miles south of San Antonio Texas.

I have been doing online research last couple days about those two universities and trying to choose one of those but I can not able come up with my last decision which Chemical Engineering is the best one for me. So, I need you help to compare those two universities and advices please.

I am planing to transfer my graduate study to Texas A&M University (College Station) or Texas Tech or University of Houston after taking classes one year at one of those universities or after completing my graduate study, I might pursue my PhD at those prestigious University. 

Thanks for your comments and advices

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
Re: Lamar or Texas A&M University-Kingsville?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 09:20:59 PM »
Hi BobHouston,

Although I have not been to either university, I have employed graduate students from these universities.  They are both equivalent from the final work that I can see.

Just my $0.02,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Offline BobHouston

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 04:58:17 AM »
Hi BobHouston,

Although I have not been to either university, I have employed graduate students from these universities.  They are both equivalent from the final work that I can see.

Just my $0.02,

Eugene

Thanks for your comment, Eugene, but I don't really understand when you said "Just my $0.02"

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 07:33:11 AM »
Hi BobHouston,

This is a way of saying 'this is my opinion and may vary from others'. Sorry, it is an old term (I am unfortunately showing my age)  ;)

Sincerely,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Offline BobHouston

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 02:57:58 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_two_cents_(idiom)
Thank you, please don't forget to cast your vote on the poll above

Sponsored Links