April 26, 2024, 08:09:11 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: graduate programs after B.E.  (Read 4269 times)

Offline machin_shin

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
graduate programs after B.E.
« on: August 10, 2009, 07:56:57 AM »
i am currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in electrical and electronics engineering and have always had a liking for organic chemistry.About an year ago i was working on an entrepreneurial project which was based on organic synthesis.I feel a master's degree chemistry would give me a better insight into the fundamentals of the project but am really not sure if a transition from EEE to chemistry is possible.i would be graduating in 2010 and wanted to know if such a transition is possible and what are the possible courses that i could pursue?would really appreciate it if you guys could shed some light on this.

Offline JGK

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +66/-19
Re: graduate programs after B.E.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 09:39:35 PM »
I would imagine that your lack of formal chemistry education/training will count very hard against you entering a "chemistry" MSc course as without the basic chemistry foundation to expand upon you will be at a serious disadvantage.

On a personal note, I graduated in biochemistry and had been working in the analytical chemistry field for 10 years and I still encountered a great deal of resistance from the university to my enrolling in a Part time MSc program in Analytical Chemistry.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Sponsored Links