April 28, 2024, 08:41:57 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Equimolar  (Read 7630 times)

Offline hldphil

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
Equimolar
« on: August 11, 2009, 10:24:56 AM »
240ml of acetone were dried with anhydrous potassium carbonate and an equimolar quantity of HCl
(6.58ml) was calculated and added to it. Is this calculation the equimolar of HCl to the potassium carbonate or acetone. This is an experiment at home but now i'm stuck at this point Please can someone help

Offline hldphil

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
Re: Equimolar
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 05:13:05 PM »
240ml of acetone were dried with anhydrous potassium carbonate and an equimolar quantity of HCl
(6.58ml) was calculated and added to it. Is this calculation the equimolar of HCl to the potassium carbonate or acetone. This is an experiment at home but now i'm stuck at this point Please can someone help

Offline JGK

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +66/-19
Re: Equimolar
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 05:27:47 PM »
240ml of acetone were dried with anhydrous potassium carbonate and an equimolar quantity of HCl (6.58ml) was calculated and added to it.

Is this calculation the equimolar of HCl to the potassium carbonate or acetone? This is an experiment at home but now i'm stuck at this point Please can someone help

From my reading of the statement the HCl ill be in an equimolar concentration with the potassium carbonate.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Sponsored Links