April 28, 2024, 02:53:51 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: needing to extract HP303 out of potassium solution  (Read 3255 times)

Offline frankz81

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
needing to extract HP303 out of potassium solution
« on: August 15, 2009, 01:06:28 AM »
hi all, firstly my chemistry knowledge is only just at yr 12 level so please elbaorabate a lil more than u would.
i have an anti rot solution, the phosphorus in it is 460g/l in 500g with potassium.
i have 2 questions, i believe the best way to etract the phos out of it is to heat , freeze, filter and continue til no more potassium salt precipitates. that was fine, but does hp303 react with i2 on its own or do u need hp302 to react with it?
also once the salt is all out, do u evaporate on low heat to reduce to a syrupy/viscous solution? i ask as i have seen h3po2 and it was a liquid and crystal clear. during the process, the solution turned yellowish, is this correct? some help needed please for a newbie.

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
Re: needing to extract HP303 out of potassium solution
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 11:10:35 AM »
Hi frankz81,

Lets go through this step-by-step, as I am a little confused about your question.

First, could you tell me what the chemical formula is of the salt you want to precipitate? Is hp303 or hp302 a suppliers name for the product?

Thanks for your help,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Sponsored Links