April 26, 2024, 08:30:48 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Choice of platform for Hg and As in drugs (herbal, western), blood, urine  (Read 2925 times)

Offline Edward

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
I work in a toxicology lab and my lab is going to set up assays in Hg and As in drugs (herbal, western), blood, urine.  Currently we have a Varian SpectrAA-800 Zeeman , Varian GTA 100 for measuring Pb, Cd.  I am not sure what platform is best suited to Hg and As. The Perkin Elmer agent told me the SMS 100 does not need microwave sample treatment.  But it requires use of high purity O2 as carrier gas and it will generate hazardous vapor.  The system has just been launched in Apr 2009.  I don't have any peer group experience in my locality.  How about the traditional cold vapor AAS and microwave acid treatment?  I want to set up a system that is easy to optimize and reliable with acceptable sensitivity and that will not generate any toxic vapor/waste.     I have no idea at all about As.  But my concern is the same as for Hg.  Could any expert please enlighten me on this issue? Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links