March 28, 2024, 10:33:15 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Synthesis and characterization mixed ligand complexes of copper II  (Read 5553 times)

eddieq

Please can someone help me with information on this topic?
" Synthesis and characteriaztion of mixed ligand complexes of copper II"

Its kinda urgent for my research project ... thanx guys!

Offline hmx9123

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +59/-18
Re:Synthesis and characterization mixed ligand complexes of copper II
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 02:16:40 AM »
I don't understand why people ask here about research projects.  I could understand if people said "I have no idea where to start looking" and they'd already talked to their professor, the library staff, and some graduate students perhaps.  But to come here and ask for information?  Anyone can say anything on here.  I could tell you that Einstein discovered copper II complexes when his pet elephant crushed some copper wire.  What does that tell you?  Nothing.  While you might be likely to be able to sift the utterly ridiculous out of the responses, what if you get a close response, something where the writer intended to help you, but was wrong?  You really need to get some paper resources for research projects.

Now that I'm down off my soapbox, to find out your information (as I won't give it to you for reasons above), try the following resources:
- Your professor (he/she can point you to some good sources)
- Graduate students (they can also point you to more sources)
- Library staff (might be able to point you to resources, but this is iffy)
- The CRC handbook of chemistry and physics (quantitative stuff, plus info about the element copper)
- Lange's handbook of chemistry (quantitative stuff)
- Chemistry of the Elements by Greenwood and Earnshaw (lots of stuff about complexes)
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry by F.A. Cotton (more stuff about complexes)
- Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry (this is an encyclopedia set and has an obscene amount of information about copper complexes)
- Search your library's catalog for a title with 'copper complexes', as I'm sure someone has written books on the subject

Sponsored Links