March 28, 2024, 05:11:39 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: A kind of chemical excites trees to bloom ?  (Read 7062 times)

Offline trung86

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
A kind of chemical excites trees to bloom ?
« on: September 10, 2009, 11:38:13 AM »
hello everyone! my name is Trung, I'm from Vietnam, I'm student. I want to ask you what chemicals can excite trees to bloom? in my province there is a tree called GREEN DRAGON tree, do you know this tree? there is also a chemical called VSL1. After reject thorn of tree, we smear this chemical (VSL1) onto it. Four or five days later, the tree will bloom. Because chemical component of VSL1 is very secret, I'm so curious about its components. Would you like to help me! Thank you so much!

Offline Golden_4_Life

• Mole Snacks: +3/-4
Re: A kind of chemical excites trees to bloom ?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »
That potion called VS-1 which is making the trees flower is most likely a mixture of Gibberilin and Auxin. Both are plant "hormone" growth regulators that are specific to initiating the plant's reproductive cycle--which is evidenced by flowering.
Golden4Life

Offline trung86

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 12:03:59 PM »
do you think VSL1 contains cytokinin? I think GA3 and auxin make trees grow rapidly not flower.  Could you show me how can I synthetize  GA3 and auxin manually? I want to experiment on trees.
Thanks for your reply. :)

Offline Golden_4_Life

• Mole Snacks: +3/-4
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 02:26:12 PM »
A typical organic synthesis for those plant growth regulators can be found by googling the topic.
It may be best to just purchase them in concentrated form form Aldrich CHemical Company, St.Louis, MO.
Golden4Life

Offline Gerard

• Mole Snacks: +13/-13
  • "pressure makes diamond"
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 06:17:36 AM »
That potion called VS-1 which is making the trees flower is most likely a mixture of Gibberilin and Auxin. Both are plant "hormone" growth regulators that are specific to initiating the plant's reproductive cycle--which is evidenced by flowering.
in my place we use this to make mango trees bloom and bear more fruits...
"Charles! Charles! That's it Mr. Charles Darwin get out of this room, I told you once and I told you twice not to tease your fellow Mr. Arrhenius!"

Offline trung86

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 10:09:14 PM »
I want to experiment on trees but in my country there is no one sell this bio-chemical. this portion is exclusive for selling so it is very expensive. I know the man who produces this portion, he has no company, no factory, he synthesises it manually. No one know how he make it. I thinh he buy raw materials from foreign country to make up it. I'm looking for partners to supply raw materials for me. If I experiment successfully, we will have a profit to share (if the cost of raw materials is not very expensive). who could help me?
thanks to reply!! :)

Offline Gerard

• Mole Snacks: +13/-13
  • "pressure makes diamond"
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 01:38:43 PM »
try contacting you local agricultural ministry or department look for research institution that studies about
plant hormone and negotiate with them
"Charles! Charles! That's it Mr. Charles Darwin get out of this room, I told you once and I told you twice not to tease your fellow Mr. Arrhenius!"

Sponsored Links