March 28, 2024, 09:24:10 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: VARIAN GT -100  (Read 3790 times)

Offline Nelo

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
VARIAN GT -100
« on: September 11, 2009, 05:15:21 PM »
I'm studying the effect of ascorbic acid  on determination of Pb , Cu , Cd , V, Ni and Zn by using graphite furnace tube in atomic absorption ,please help me about this , I need References and free books about this.I use varian GT-100 PLEASE HELP ME
thanks for all

Offline marquis

• Mole Snacks: +35/-3
Re: VARIAN GT -100
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 10:16:37 AM »
Can you give more information on the specific issues of your problem?  It's hard to tell exactly what kind of information you need.

Thank you.

Offline Nelo

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 04:07:16 PM »
This work is to study the effect of   chemical modifier( organic compounds only )     such as ascorbic acid against the background of the sample had lead( or Ni,Cd, Cu,V and Zn) when determined by  furnace graphite- atomic absorption  spectrometry (ETAAS )covered with coated graphite  tube
Use of the device produced by varian GT100 and deuterium corrector 
I Have to change the shining temperature and atomization one to reach the optimal conditions for that in all sample like ( water , oil , air , food …)
I must try another modifier to determination the trace of  this elements
I do not know if the absorption of the background ought to be near zero or no problem because in some conditions it was more than element absorption
References which I have study the inorganic modifier
For all that I need the help
THANK YOU VERY MUCH   

Offline marquis

• Mole Snacks: +35/-3
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 07:51:47 PM »
Used to a different instrument.  The instrument I used was an AA with an HGA graphite furnace.

I haven't used HGA graphite for this type of work.  However, I did do some work with citrates and ascorbates with zinc extractables by AA.  The idea was to grab any potentially extractable zinc out of an organic matrix, without ashing.  They were after extractable zinc, not total zinc. Background noise was a problem with this approach.  I would expect worse issues with the same type of sample and a graphite furnace.

Your best reference is the Varian salesman.  He wants you happy so you will buy another of his instruments when this one dies.  He should be willing to help with manuals and applications information.

Good luck.

Sponsored Links