April 19, 2024, 10:58:55 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Induction experiemtns that go BANG!  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Gnu Films

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Induction experiemtns that go BANG!
« on: August 22, 2011, 01:50:38 PM »
Hi All,

I'm looking for some help and inspiration.

I would like to make a series of fun and/or interesting films about experiments that can be done using an induction hob.

The type of thing I mean is freezing a magnet inside an icecube then putting it on the hob, the ice would melt from the inside out and glow (i saw it on yoyuube and that's tantamount to believing newspaper stories : ).

So being as I suspect some rather clever chaps and chapettes frequent this site and understand all about induction heating and the magnetic field therein, and the effects this will have on a variety of components, elements, chemical reactions and so forth, I thought you guys might have some ideas.

Things like, if you put a lightbulb in the saucepan would it light up, if you put a non aluminum fizzy drink can on the ring would it blow up.

Anything visually interesting or exciting is the key here, taking household objects and making it fun - think coke and mentos. If it blows up, sets on fire or just generally does somethin interesting then thats the very thing.

Anyway any ideas and thoughts you guys have would be hugely appreciated and very exciting!

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
Re: Induction experiemtns that go BANG!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »
a request-
could you post the link to the Utube film mentioned by you

a pointer -
we do want to be safe as reasonable in this forum

second request
read forum rules just in case

Sponsored Links