April 25, 2024, 10:45:14 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Female Erection  (Read 8590 times)

Offline Jules18

• Mole Snacks: +0/-3
Female Erection
« on: October 27, 2009, 06:51:44 PM »
Do girls get them, technically?

I remember reading somewhere that they did.  ... lol I assumed they were talking about the clitoris.  Has anyone heard of this?  Am I retarded :P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:03:56 PM by Jules18 »

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Female Erection
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 07:14:28 PM »
Initial development of clitoris and penis is identical, they get different later, nothing strange they share some characteristics. One of them is ability to change volume and stiffen when filled with blood. Sure, scale is different, but general idea and part of physiology are identical. No idea if erection is a correct word to describe the process in the case of clitoris.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline ajri02

• Mole Snacks: +1/-3
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 03:08:03 AM »
Initial development of clitoris and penis is identical, they get different later, nothing strange they share some characteristics. One of them is ability to change volume and stiffen when filled with blood. Sure, scale is different, but general idea and part of physiology are identical. No idea if erection is a correct word to describe the process in the case of clitoris.

I read on wiki : "The clitoris is a sexual organ that is present only in female mammals. In humans, the visible button-like portion is located near the anterior junction of the labia minora, above the opening of the urethra and vagina. Unlike the penis, which is homologous to the clitoris, the clitoris does not contain the distal portion of the urethra. The only known exception to this is in the Spotted Hyena. In this species, the urogenital system is unique in that the female urinates, mates and gives birth via an enlarged, erectile clitoris, known as a pseudo-penis."

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 03:41:41 AM »
Homologous is a key word. No discrepancy between wiki and my post :)
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links