March 28, 2024, 07:46:54 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Percent Chemical Composition for Retail  (Read 4320 times)

Offline gluedudeguru

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Percent Chemical Composition for Retail
« on: October 28, 2009, 07:34:51 AM »
Can anyone give me an indication of how much of different solvents can be included in a product (legally, and of course with a flamability PGII class).  Solvents like toluenes, MEK, THF, acetone etc.  Is there a web site resource i should be looking at?  Whats in the solvents we buy as consumers, like gun cleaning solution and nail polish remover (obviously mostly acetone).  How much can i have in my products?

Offline marquis

• Mole Snacks: +35/-3
Re: Percent Chemical Composition for Retail
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 07:35:09 PM »
It depends what you are trying to use the product for.

The amount of MEK or other solvent in a drug or food product is almost zero.  In other industrial situations (cleaning molds for example), it could be very high.

Then there is the question of how much, total, you or your company would discharge into the environment.

I hate to say this, but can you give any more details?

Offline gluedudeguru

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 07:44:26 AM »
Sorry about vagueness, i get that all the time.

I am trying to find a non haz glue cleanup.  Solvent based glue off of carbon fiber.  Similar to buying like an acetone or mineral spirits at wal mart.  I am trying to avoid at least Packing group II (< 23 C) flash point for shipping.  A mixture of solvents: acetone, MEK, toluene, water mineral spirits.  I am just looking for a less haz glue thinner/cleaner.

Offline gluedudeguru

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:46:06 AM »
Also, we deal in alot of solvents but we are a fairly small company.  We are already well under any environmental concern for discharge of solvents or VOC

Sponsored Links