March 28, 2024, 04:02:12 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Which of these formulas has the thinnest structure?  (Read 4076 times)

Offline Z2TT

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Which of these formulas has the thinnest structure?
« on: November 12, 2009, 07:19:36 AM »
Hello,

I am chosing which gas to use in my Cars air conditioning system, and since the system is old I'd like to have
the gas that is least likely to get passed the seals and leak out.  I'm not very educated in Chemistry so I would
like some help.

In the following PDF Document :

http://www.hychill.com.au/pdf/quickcom.pdf

There are three gasses listed, R12, R134a and a Hydrocarbon Blend, and their formulas are listed too.

Could somebody please tell me which gas is most likely to leak and which one least likely and explain to me why.

Thankyou.

Offline BetaAmyloid

• Mole Snacks: +18/-38
Re: Which of these formulas has the thinnest structure?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 11:00:14 PM »
Looks like a hydrocarbon blend would be your best bet, and R134a would be your worst bet. Just noted from comparing the differences in information, such as hydrocarbon has a high energy efficiency, excellent at cooling, and extremely low toxicity; while, R134a is low energy effcient, poor at cooling, and extremely high with toxicity - this indicates a bad cooling agent.
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought - Albert Szent-Györgyi

Offline Z2TT

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Which of these formulas has the thinnest structure?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 01:35:06 AM »
Thanks.

Yes Hydrocarbon has the best efficiency, but I want to know which gas is most likely to get passed seals and leak out of joints in hoses because of the chemical structure.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links