March 28, 2024, 01:06:51 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: how to get antimony from its sample  (Read 7358 times)

ledy

how to get antimony from its sample
« on: June 30, 2005, 01:21:54 AM »
hi..
my name ledy.. from indonesia  
 i have a problem about how to get antimony from its sample, which is a stone (solid). can analytical qualitative solve this problem? im so confuse how to do that... can somebody give the information for me? thanx a lot..

ledy: use more informative subjects than "I need help" and don't ask to answer outside forums. I have changed subject and removed your e-mail from the post. Borek
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 03:40:09 AM by Borek »

asqa

Re:i need a help...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 01:27:44 AM »
whether you want analytical procedure for estimation of antymony from stone or extraction of antymony from stone.
pls. clear

hannibal

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 06:22:02 AM »
ledy
u need to know that qualitative analysis can be used to detect whether antimony is there in the sample or not but it cannot be used to extract antimony from the sample

Offline lemonoman

• Atmospheric
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +71/-8
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 11:35:47 AM »
If you do repost, and you would like to actually get the antimony from the rock (which is what it sounds like to me) then you will also have to tell us what rock it is...Or, I suppose...describe the rock so we can figure out which mineral it represents  :P .. because I was looking up how to get antimony out of Stibnite (the naturally occurring source of antimony, hence the symbol Sb), and it said that antimony is also found in Ullmanite (NiSbS) as well as others.

In any case, it is mentioned on one website, "It is not usually necessary to make antimony in the laboratory as it is commercially available." (WebElements, Antimony) - but if you REALLY want to take it out of the rock, then try the midsection of this page: Click here.

And, please, let us know what your question was actually concerning...whether this website answers your question or not...we can't go about ignoring other forum members.

Sponsored Links