April 20, 2024, 12:04:46 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Luminophore. What is this?  (Read 4872 times)

Offline DerekC

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Luminophore. What is this?
« on: November 27, 2009, 01:44:40 AM »
Guys, has anybody heard about luminophore? I've read an article about it. They suggest to start business with it. But I need a piece of advice and I hope your experience may help.

Offline JGK

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +66/-19
Re: Luminophore. What is this?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 03:51:37 PM »
What sort of a business? you might make some money in a very small way however if there is an appreciable market for Glow-in-the-dark merchandise the large corporations will get into the area much quicker than any small business.

Think also If this was a guaranteed way to make a fortune, the article writer wouldn't be advising others to get into the business, he'd have done it himself already.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Offline DerekC

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 02:52:04 AM »
I think that it is a new technology for architectural design (luminescence for external and internal night club, bar and cafe veneer, as well as residential interiors). The usage of luminophore’s properties in interior design is a very interesting option, as the results are only limited by your imagination. Many surfaces can be lent this luminescent effect: metal, wood, brick, concrete sand, cement, façade tiles, gypsum board, polystyrene and others. Artificial and natural decorative stones also look very impressive. Making patterns and paintings on the walls and ceilings of the interior, as well as detailing furniture (chairs, tables and bars) is also possible. In addition, you can create a “starry sky” on your bedroom ceiling, luminescent patterns on the baseboard and doorframe floor molding and cues on electric switches.

Offline JGK

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +66/-19
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 04:53:03 PM »
I think that it is a new technology for architectural design (luminescence for external and internal night club, bar and cafe veneer, as well as residential interiors). The usage of luminophore’s properties in interior design is a very interesting option, as the results are only limited by your imagination. Many surfaces can be lent this luminescent effect: metal, wood, brick, concrete sand, cement, façade tiles, gypsum board, polystyrene and others. Artificial and natural decorative stones also look very impressive. Making patterns and paintings on the walls and ceilings of the interior, as well as detailing furniture (chairs, tables and bars) is also possible. In addition, you can create a “starry sky” on your bedroom ceiling, luminescent patterns on the baseboard and doorframe floor molding and cues on electric switches.

It may well be, but all those areas you have mentioned are home to large multinational companies which service the building/home renovation industry. To start a small business with the expectation of competing with them is a recipe for disaster. The only way of ensuring some success would be to develop a product and license it to one of the bigger players in the market.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Offline DerekC

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 05:30:59 AM »
It may well be, but all those areas you have mentioned are home to large multinational companies which service the building/home renovation industry. To start a small business with the expectation of competing with them is a recipe for disaster. The only way of ensuring some success would be to develop a product and license it to one of the bigger players in the market.
I can offer it to larger companies or offer auto-styling like this.

Sponsored Links