April 28, 2024, 09:55:34 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: How to get into mining or alternate energy with a BSc Chem??  (Read 3087 times)

Offline Ryan83

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
How to get into mining or alternate energy with a BSc Chem??
« on: December 06, 2009, 11:31:14 AM »
Hey there,

I have a BSc with majors in Chemistry and Science, Technology & Society from Griffith University in Australia.

I finished last year and have been travelling since and havent properly looked for work in my field since I graduated.

I have since realised that I should have done Chemical Engineering or something alike ss I've decided that I would like to work towards the engineering side of chemistry specifically in Mining or Alternate Fuels and was hoping someone could give me some info on my options.

I don't really like the idea of doing another Bachelors but also don't want to just follow a career in a low paying role that I dont enjoy.

What are my other options? Is it possible to get into one of these roles with my qualifications and get trained on the job? Or will I have to start from the beginning and go back to uni again?

Also what other positions could I work toward that have a promising future and the potential for high earnings solely with the qualifications I have?

Thanks

Ryan

Offline PolymerKnowHow

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
Re: How to get into mining or alternate energy with a BSc Chem??
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 11:43:33 AM »
There are many options for careers regarding alternative energies (not sure about mining). Some areas which could be of interest:

photovoltaics (solar energy) - lots of chemistry/materials science
biofuels - chemistry/agriculture
fuel cells - chemistry/materials science/engineering
hydrogen storage - chemistry/materials science/engineering

to name a few...

Sponsored Links