March 29, 2024, 10:27:28 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What does the metal ion-peptide in our food do to us?  (Read 4367 times)

Offline Ryz

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
What does the metal ion-peptide in our food do to us?
« on: December 05, 2009, 04:40:09 PM »
Twice I've had dreams where the words 'ion peptide' came up, before I had even heard of it.

In one dream a wise man pointed at my brain, placed so I could see it, - pointed at a pea-sized white dot situated in the middle, on the top of my head.

I saw it and exclaimed "an ion-peptide!", as if I knew what it was. The wise man replied "Yes. A morphine-peptide."

And that told me that 'ion-peptide' was as bad as morphine-peptides, which are something I have to avoid in the foods I eat, because of addiction similar to drug-addiction, which turn normal people into wreckages.

It would be great to know what foods, or at least what hidden ingredients might contain this metal, though it's probably something our future generations might know more about.

At least I've put the question out here.

Be well,

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: What does the metal ion-peptide in our food do to us?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 05:05:41 PM »
Many if not all peptides are charged, so they are ions. Many peptides combine with metals, in fact, quite often enzymes need a metal ion to work, hence we need some trace amounts of metals otherwise dangerous to health.

Other then that only thing that may be helpfull is a tin hat, see http://zapatopi.net/afdb/ for details  ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 06:09:22 PM by Borek »
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Ryz

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: What does the metal ion-peptide in our food do to us?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 05:15:51 PM »
Very nice  ;D

8)

Sponsored Links