March 29, 2024, 09:30:47 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Ionization Energy... Having difficulties and problems please Help  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Gspedding

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hello there,

i am firstly new to the forum and really glad i found this place, I have been attempting to complete an Assignment for my Chemistry course for the past week i have had various problems getting it complete so my lecturer gave me an extension on my deadline untill the 17/12/2009 which is today!.

I am having series problems figuring out the answers to certain questions posed for my assignment as follows:

ii   Define ionisation energy, electronegativity, electron affinity and atomic radius, illustrating your answer with an equation or diagram where appropriate   
iii   Assemble data regarding the properties of elements showing periodic behaviour such as ionisation energy and atomic radius and stating their units.   
iv   Plot graph to show your data (choose one physical properties from question iii).   Explain the general trend for the physical property.   Your graph must have a title, clearly labelled axes and the points correctly plotted.    
v   Explain any minor irregularities in the data which occur because of changes in the position of an element in the periodic table.   (Use of electron configuration would be very helpful.)

Any help on giving me better understanding of the information required to answer these questions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Edit* just a quick note i have actually answered ii and iii i just included them in the sequence of questions so readers understand the methodical process of my assignment and the way in which im expected to analyse it.

I dont know why im finding this so confusing but i have to get this assignment done by today or i lose 40% of my total marks for the course im doing
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:41:55 PM by Gspedding »

Sponsored Links